SD card

Forum for Roland FA-06/08
Key2in

SD card

Post by Key2in »

Hi I want to send some of my songs and mixes to a friend who also has FA06 now I have put my FA06 SD card in my PC now please tell me how I can copy selected songs and mixes from my SD card on to my PC.
See pic below it is only showing 3 folders. If I copy song will the song mix also be copied?

bennyseven

Re: SD card

Post by bennyseven »

Song AND mix (Studio Set) must be send to your friend.
Because there is no way to copy or export studio sets, the only way is to make a UTILITY / BACKUP onto SD card. Enter new file name before starting the backup.
If you send the backup file to your friend. He then must IMPORT both items, Studio Set AND song from this file.
Tell him NOT to use UTILIY / RESTORE.
Key2in

Post by Key2in »

Really great reply but unfortunately it came very late I had to format the card and factory reset the FA06, anyway not to worry. I would like to know more about the FA06 for future use basically my DAW is Cubase and I do everything on Cubase so how can I record PA06 sound into Cubase I don’t want to use it as a controller for Cubase as I have other Keyboards as well So for now:
(1) I want to know where can I do 16 part sounds for Cubase in Sequencer Mode, Studio sets Mode or DAW Mode ?
(2) When I create in sequencer mode then how can I add part arpeggio On please see in PIC 3 the cursor does not click on Kbd & Arp.

Gatorjohn

Post by Gatorjohn »

(2) see page 32 of the user manual for use of arp function.
Skijumptoes

Post by Skijumptoes »

I think you need to be in studio set mode to adjust the arp individually on each track/part (Press Split & Dual together).
Key2in

Post by Key2in »

Very nice reply Skijumptoes, thanks I did as you said an its working great!
I have another matter hope you can help with this;
For example if I select piano in channel 1 and then i select base in channel 2 it also changes the sound in channel 1 to base. it becomes extremely difficult to create sounds for 16 channels because I have to keep changing sounds back and forth over and over again.
Do I need to lock and unlock ...... please see the pic theres a lock sign what it this?? is the problem i am having because of this

Skijumptoes

Post by Skijumptoes »

As far as i'm aware, the lock just affects the behaviour when you scroll through presets, if it's unlocked you can scroll through all USER presets, or all SN-A presets in numbered order for example. If it's locked then it goes in order of the category. Hard to explain but if you experiment you will see what i mean.

As for the parts changing sound, i'm not sure - is it possible that you've recorded a preset change within your song? i.e. is it when you playback from the sequencer that they change?
Key2in

Post by Key2in »

As for the parts changing sound, i'm not sure - is it possible that you've recorded a preset change within your song? i.e. is it when you playback from the sequencer that they change?
Please note I don't use FA sequencer I only use FA for its sounds because my DAW is Cubase.
IN User Studio Set when I set sounds in any channel then I go to change a sound in another channel then it automatically changes the sound in the previous channel! I don't do any internal recording in my FA I am just using FA as a sound module.
Skijumptoes

Post by Skijumptoes »

Ok, then there's a possibility that you are changing the preset for one part, yet you are record enabled on the previous part within cubase, and as such is relaying it back to the previous channel.

To see if this is the cause then disable the FA from sending and receiving such messages:-

On your FA Go to Menu > System

Then in the Midi section/tab, Turn OFF the following:

Transmit - Program Change
Receive - Program Change

So, if that works, then either disable the FA from sending/receiving program changes as above.. OR, when in cubase, make sure that you don't change presets on the FA's parts unless you're on the same corresponding midi channel within cubase, ore else it will route elsewhere.
bennyseven

Post by bennyseven »

also check that you do not have duplicate midi channel numbers (i.e. Part1=Ch1 and Part2=Ch1 or something like that).