No external mute in sequencer mode

Forum for Roland FA-06/08
Ricoche

No external mute in sequencer mode

Post by Ricoche »

It seems the FA-06 cannot mute tracks triggering external midi gear. It will only mute the internal sound engine. In other words, the mute system is based on muting audio rather than midi notes. So the midi notes continue to run and trigger the external synths in sequencer mode. This is a major problem also found on the Fantom X6 which most Fantom users know about. The Fantom G6 fixed the issue, but I see Roland decided the revert back to the old way.

That just rendered the FA-06 useless as a controller in sequence mode. My MOXF6 works great with muting external gear by the way in case anyone is looking for an alternative solution.
bennyseven

Re: No external mute in sequencer mode

Post by bennyseven »

More irritating to me is this malfunction: no matter how the sequencer track mode is configured (INT/EXT/BOTH),it is always BOTH or at least INT. Only EXT does not work.

But did you try with EXT and mute the track? Maybe this works, but possibly it is a bug on both functions.
Myrk-

Post by Myrk- »

Create a studio set with null tones with 0 volume for the external midi gear. This is how I work around this issue, and it has no effect on playability... just a bit annoying that there is a screen to supposedly choose the output that is nothing more than a useless graphical window of non-functioning options.
bennyseven

Post by bennyseven »

yes, I am working with bogus tones, because it is the only work around
Myrk-

Post by Myrk- »

And something I've just discovered which is a complete punch in the ballsack is that the entire Part View screen is pretty much redundant for external gear. I wanted to split my keyboard and raise up the lower section by 1 octave (otherwise its just a sound of muck), but no, it doesn't work!

I really want to love this workstation but it keeps pissing me off with it's ridiculous limitations which I'm sure are actually bugs! Anyone know what programming language these things work in? I have a few programmers in the family, wondering if we can hack this thing and do the tweaks ourselves hah!