FA-06 Sampler

Forum for Roland FA-06/08
67Deadman

FA-06 Sampler

Post by 67Deadman »

Hello,

Not unkown with Roland products for example I have now the Roland TD12 Vdrums (First the TD9 /TD11 later the TD 30 then back the TD12) and the Roland SPD-SX sample pad.

Also played on a Technics Keyboard (1000 / 2000 / 3000 / 5000) and now playing on the Yamaha PSR 9000 PRO.
Last year I bought the Yamaha DTX Multi 12
But it's time to change. I want something new to play on instead of the Yamaha

I read (and played on a demo) a lot of the FA-06 but 1 thing is not clear for me.
Is it possible when I put a sample, made in C , on Pad 1, then play it with my left hand on the keyboard in E the sound (sample) moves also in E. (Sorry for my English I hope you understand what I mean ) or does it stays it in C ?
Skijumptoes

Re: FA-06 Sampler

Post by Skijumptoes »

Pad 1 will ONLY play on C.
Pad 2 will ONLY play on C#.
Pad 3 will ONLY play on D.

etc.

Sorry, But that's how it works, you can't change speed, or pitch. It is quite sad. :(
stevel

Post by stevel »

67Deadman wrote: Is it possible when I put a sample, made in C , on Pad 1, then play it with my left hand on the keyboard in E the sound (sample) moves also in E. (Sorry for my English I hope you understand what I mean ) or does it stays it in C ?
No.

You would have to make an individual sample and store it on each individual pad at the pitch you want.

So it is possible to set it up, but you'd have to record each sample at each pitch level (or make them on a computer) separately and load them on to the Pads individually.

But you can't just record a sample and play it up and down the keyboard. Each key on the keyboard is directly related to a specific pad and only triggers that particular pad's sample.
67Deadman

Post by 67Deadman »

Aahhhhhh, too bad, but no problem, still a really good synthesizer.

Thx for the replies. I know enough.
anotherscott

Post by anotherscott »

There are apps for iPhone/iPad that will let you stretch samples and play them over the keyboard. I think incorporating an app like into your FA studio sets is a lot more practical now with the 2.0 system update that gives it better control over external devices via MIDI.
billw

Post by billw »

The lack of multisampling is a huge miss by Roland.
anotherscott

Post by anotherscott »

billw wrote:The lack of multisampling is a huge miss by Roland.
They added it when they came out with the lower-end Juno DS. I suspect there was no way to retrofit it into the older FA, because having put it in the DS, it would have seemed like an obvious thing to put into an FA 2.0 upgrade if it were feasible, especially since it's kind of half way there already with the ability to import wavs (what's missing is more flexible key assignment, and stretching to other keys). I could see DS owners choosing not to upgrade to an FA in the future since they would lose this feature. Maybe it will be in whatever future keyboard Roland comes out with to replace the FA. But considering that they just came out with the -07, that's probably a while off yet. But who knows, Roland could surprise us with another FA software upgrade in the interim...