Footswitch or controller to change modulation?

Forum for Roland FA-06/08
vkinetic

Footswitch or controller to change modulation?

Post by vkinetic »

Has anyone had success in having either a foot switch or controller (like the FS-5U or EV-5) either turn on or vary the modulation of a patch? I have a good organ patch on my FA-06 in a studio set that I use live. But to ramp up the speed of the rotary effect I have to use my left hand to hold the modulation lever up. It would free up my left hand if I was able to do the same thing but with a foot switch or controller.

Any help would be appreciated

thanks

keith
locojohn

Re: Footswitch or controller to change modulation?

Post by locojohn »

The EV-5 should do the job. I use it for modulation and volume changes.
vkinetic

Post by vkinetic »

Well yes I am fully aware of that per the manual, but the question is how? Then manual is not very clear on doing this and in fact is very complicated (to me anyway) for something that should be fairly straight forward. I'm just a lowly guitarist doing some basic pads etc on stage so the world of controllers and assignments is all very new to me.

If anyone can shed some light on how to actually do this I would be most greatful
Skijumptoes

Post by Skijumptoes »

Simply go to:- Menu (button) -> System -> Pedal (Scroll across using the right cursor)

In there you have both Pedal 1 and 2, and their assignments, remember to 'system write' using button 6 to save it for future.

On top of that you can also change the 'Pedal Assign Source' (Top of screen) setting to use the Studio Set Pedal assignments, so the assignments change based on the studio set you have loaded.

To change the studio set assignments (If you prefer this option), then they are found in:- Menu -> Studio Set Common -> Pedal.

If you're not sure on studio sets, and multiple assignments then just use the settings in Menu>System>Pedal, and make sure that 'Pedal Assign Source' is set to system. And again, remember to System Write to save the changes! :)
vkinetic

Post by vkinetic »

Thank you so much Skyjumptoes - exactly what I wanted/needed. I have it happening thanks to you - I'm very indebted. Thanks so much mate!

cheers

keith