How to reload factory samples after factory Reset

Forum for Roland FA-06/08
stkeys

How to reload factory samples after factory Reset

Post by stkeys »

I'm sure this question has been asked before but a search did not find the answer.
I've done a factory reset on my FA-06 but it's still has samples that I loaded in.
I want to replace these with the original factory samples.

I did find a link to download the factory sample data but it gave me a 404 error.
Where can I find a working link to download the original samples so I can return this board to the state it was when I purchased it?

thanks,
Candy

Re: How to reload factory samples after factory Reset

Post by Candy »

Go to this side https://www.roland.com/us/support/by_pr ... aaf206d32/ and load the original content of the SD-Card. Delete the content of your Card and copy the downloaded files on your SD-Card.
Now you have (with factory reset done before) the original FA, how you got in in the shop.

Candy
stkeys

Post by stkeys »

Thanks for the link Candy.

Once I've downloaded the files and saved the "ROLAND" and "IMPORT" folder to the SD card as described on the website, do I need to do the Factory restore again with the SD card installed in the FA-06?

Or do I need to import samples from the "Import Folder" ?

Steve.
stkeys

Post by stkeys »

After the download finished I checked the files in both folders, the IMPORT folder was empty and the Roland folder had the exact files I already have on the SD card.

Confused as to why the sample data was not reloaded the first time I did the factory reset/restore.
Candy

Post by Candy »

The sample datas have nothing to do with the factory reset. This is only for the sound-unit of the FA, the Sample-unit is a separatly device. When the original samples are not on the downloaded SD-Card content, write me a private message with your Email-Adress, then I will transfer them to my dropbox and give you the link, that you can download it from there!

Candy
Candy

Post by Candy »

IMPORTANT!

stkeys had the problem, when he loaded an own sample into an existing song with samples and after that he reloads the same song, the original sample on the place is away, instead of that there is still his own sample.

I tried a little bit an gave him the following answer:

I think you've actually discovered a mistake. I tried this once and actually, a sample of what is loaded into an existing song is immediately written to the card and overwrites the sample that was originally in that place. I helped myself by simply copying the samples from the download* back to the card so I had the original again. On the one hand, the good thing is that samples are read and written immediately, on the other hand this naturally brings such inconvenience that the once overwritten sample is definitivly away. So important: Always back up the card, even older versions, so as not to lose such data!

*https://www.roland.com/us/support/by_pr ... aaf206d32/

Candy
stkeys

Post by stkeys »

Hey Candy, I finally fixed the problem. I deleted everything off the 4gb card and pasted the original folders and data over from the downloaded link you sent me. Then after putting the card back in the Roland I did a Factory restore once more. This time all factory samples were back in the keyboard.... phew !!!

thanks for all your help.

Steve