FA-06/07/08 Editor for Windows

Forum for Roland FA-06/08
tchelomgf

Re: FA-06/07/08 Editor for Windows

Post by tchelomgf »

Paul99 wrote: 13:05, 28 March 2022 May I ask you tchelomgf: why do you offer your program in the microsoft store?
Because I can enforce that it is compatible and run in all Windows installations from 8 up to the newest, manage updates and market insights, get feedback and error report to improve it, and can pay some beers after thousands of hours spent on that.

Do you have some concern that I can help you?
Paul99

Post by Paul99 »

Ah, okay, I understand your point of view. And I respect your choice. If it is good for you, you should do it that way.

No, it is more my personal dislike of m$. I changed to Linux because of all the data stealing they do, although we have payed for their software. Also they plan to display advertisements. And now they also want you to registrate to their store. No thanks, I pass.
I know my choice has consequences, since I cannot run all windows programs within Linux. For regular software it is no problem, but for music it can be. So I have a backup windows system without internet connection solely for making music and those programs that will not run in Linux. It is not ideal, but it works for now.

Thanks for your good work tchelomgf!
tchelomgf

Post by tchelomgf »

Hi, the Song/Patch Community is alive!

Share your patches and help somebody else that is looking for it, while you can also find your desired patches shared by somebody else, let's make our community grow!

I've already shared some examples, and will work on to share everything I have, hope you can also join and enjoy it!

Installation (7 days free, one time charge to use it forever): https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/p/fa-wo ... ns3rg9tvqt

Demo Video: https://youtu.be/nC1M3NbL0NE

Cheers!
RobyKeys682

Post by RobyKeys682 »

Hi Marcelo.
I Have Windows 8.1. When I try to install the trial, after logging in with a Microsoft Account, it says that I have no device to install to...
Is it possible to have the old good setup.exe?

I would gladly pay for it, if it could be possible to have it working on my 8.1 Pc.

edit: I spent an hour without luck!
My first attempts were made from my local administrator account, which is not a MS account.
So, I created another account using an existing microsoft (hotmail) mail account.
So now I have a MS account on my pc, too. Tried to install the app after logging in on several browsers (IE, Firefox), without luck. One page has a button which says "Download from App Store", I click, the Store App opens, but it shows a ton of different apps, it doesn't download the FA Editor, and if I search for it, it doesn't find it.

What am I missing?

Rob
tchelomgf

Post by tchelomgf »

Hi, have you searched for "FA Workstation Editor" on the Microsoft Store app?
RobyKeys682

Post by RobyKeys682 »

Of course I did, but it doesn't show up!
(see attached image)
Store Search.png
Store Search.png (31.35 KiB) Viewed 5556 times
RobyKeys682

Post by RobyKeys682 »

So, as you can see, yesterday I started the trial:
Situation 1.png
Situation 1.png (39 KiB) Viewed 5553 times
but if I try to install...
Situation 2.png
Situation 2.png (12.46 KiB) Viewed 5553 times
But if I go to my profile on the Store App, my pc is listed.
Situation 3.png
Situation 3.png (68.42 KiB) Viewed 5553 times
tchelomgf

Post by tchelomgf »

Ok, it seems that MS Store does not recognizes the Editor as compatible with your Windows 8.1.
The Editor is for sure compatible, but something in the release of MS Store might be wrong... I will check it in next days and give you a feedback.

Do you have the latest Service Pack installed in your Windows?
RobyKeys682

Post by RobyKeys682 »

Hi!
Yes, I keep my O.S. updated!

Thank you very much, I'll come here from time to time to check any feedback from you!

Rob
RobyKeys682

Post by RobyKeys682 »

Hi there! Quick update, just to confirm what is obvious... I tried to search for the editor in the MS Store on my work Laptop with Windows 10 and, as expected, it shows up.

I can't install it there, for obvious reasons... So, I'm waiting for your feedback! :)
RobyKeys682

Post by RobyKeys682 »

I was able to run the trial on a Windows 10 Virtual Machine and while I find it a useful tool, I am struggling with some features:

User Library - Read User Tones / Studio Sets. --> I often get an error message FA did not answer to the request, followed by an Internal Error #12 message :( I'm afraid this could be due to the Virtual Machine and USB thing...

Utility Menu -> Favorite Lists : it opens an OpenFileDialog asking for a favorite file. I thought, reading the pdf HowTos, it would open a window where the user can create a list of favorites and then save it. Otherwise, where else in the editor can I save a .fav file?

Finally, I find it a bit cumbersome the whole loading single user tones matter: I have to go to the Tone Library, load a single tone (ex: via a pcm-s file), then I have to put that tone into a studio set, then Send the Studio Set to the FA, write it saving the user tone, otherwise I won't be able to use it!!
McDEATH

Post by McDEATH »

tchelomgf
Hi Marcello,
You, I have a question about arpeggios!?
Maybe you can help me?

The pre-programmed arpeggios have "variations" !

Do you know how to create your own variations?
You only have "16 users" ... with only one variation
you can save only 16 arpeggios.

However, Roland itself sometimes has up to 16 variations
for an arpeggio.

I've tried allowing "1 bar" free and then on
playing a second variation on the same track, but after the import, the arpeggiator
only recognizes it as "One Variation"!?

is that weird?
It has to work somehow, right?
I mean, Roland also has variations for his arpeggios and
the number of variations are completely different, sometimes are
it's only 4 then 8 again and the next 16 or something....!?

How can you do that, do you have any ideas?
tchelomgf

Post by tchelomgf »

Hi,

See many videos of the Editor and it´s features:
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=P ... EDzQOgWzkU

See the Song/Patch Community to easily share songs and patches:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YAW2pUCZZ3k
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nC1M3NbL0NE

Enjoy it!
Fubar

Post by Fubar »

Hi guys,

I posted a question yesterday, but hadn’t realised there was already a topic running.

viewtopic.php?f=55&t=69479

Does anyone know if it’s possible to run the editor at the same time as Cubase, I keep getting an error message (see attached). Maybe there is a setting in the system menu I haven’t noticed?

Kind regards,

George.
tchelomgf

Post by tchelomgf »

Hi

The links from orangedox has been inactivated.

Here is the link to Windows MS Store App install
https://apps.microsoft.com/detail/9pns3rg9tvqt

Here is the link to google drive with many patches, backups and songs list
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/ ... Qa9EyOC1nh

Enjoy it!