Virtual expansion board

Forum for Roland FA-06/08
FxProject

Virtual expansion board

Post by FxProject »

Hello
I've Heard that all the SRX board Will be a available for download in Roland Axial for free ,and some more new sounds with virtual wave exp-board and supernatural tone from integra and jupiter 50/80 Good news !!!

Fx-project
http://www.mixcloud.com/fabricefxproject/
http://www.soundcloud.com/fx-project
synthguy99

Re: Virtual expansion board

Post by synthguy99 »

This is my understanding too. Some of us are hoping that we can add SN acoustic sounds as well, such as solo trumpet, flute, violin, electric guitar and so on, but we'll have to wait and see on that. SN acoustic tones require both sample data and SN parameter information, while virtual SRX boards are just samples, though with patches included. Since data is data, I'm hopeful Roland goes this extra mile for us, because it would save me from itching for something like an Integra too.
FxProject

Post by FxProject »

The démonstratif talk about Fa virtual expansion bobard
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=sCDkKjpKoIc

Fx-project
http://www.soundcloud.com/fx-project
skinmechanic

Post by skinmechanic »

If this is indeed the case, then I will ditch my Integra for an FA-08 just for the simple fact I will be able to edit all the sounds direct from the keyboard with a nice display rather than trying to reach to the rack front panel (which is racked in a 24u cabinet under my desk).
Devnor

Post by Devnor »

No additional SN tones can be added to the FA.
specialplant

Post by specialplant »

Even if it was possibly to add SN-A tones via expansion slot, I wouldn't do it because if the slots are the same size as in the Integra, you would spend a complete slot for very few SN-A tones, whereas it could be filled by a complete SRX board with 100 or more high quality sounds. This is why all my Integra slots are filled with SRX, none with SN-A expansion tones.
snoitan

Post by snoitan »

Devnor wrote:No additional SN tones can be added to the FA.
Curious where you get this information.

The Integra-7 can load SN tones via its software expansion slots. It would be odd if Roland built a different and more limited expansion slot into the FA given that they are going to allow SRX boards to be loaded (either paid or free) into these slots.

Now whether they 'will' allow SN tones to be added is something completely different, but it seems logical to assume the FA would have the capacity to do so even if Roland doesn't have the inclination to allow it.
synthguy99

Post by synthguy99 »

specialplant wrote:Even if it was possibly to add SN-A tones via expansion slot, I wouldn't do it because if the slots are the same size as in the Integra, you would spend a complete slot for very few SN-A tones, whereas it could be filled by a complete SRX board with 100 or more high quality sounds. This is why all my Integra slots are filled with SRX, none with SN-A expansion tones.
This is why I'm debating what to do with my music budget this year. The FAs are a bit limited, not much, but some. So I'm pondering the possibilities of having an FA and Integra, or Jupiter... still juggling. And this is one reason Roland might not make a monster workstation. For about the same price the Fantom G sold for, you could get an FA and Integra module, have double the polyphony and a TON of sonic options. And far more power than just a workstation alone.

While I'd love for Roland to produce a full blown mega-Integra workstation on par with the Fantom G, this is a more appealing option for me.