Compatibility with Integra and Kronos

Forum for Roland FA-06/08
unixmill

Compatibility with Integra and Kronos

Post by unixmill »

This board looks very interesting to me for the following reasons:
1) simplicity of the sequencer
- looks amazing, seems very intriguing compared to kronos. seems too simple. Kronos is amazing but it is for
pros. I am not a pro :)
2) start up time and weight -KronosX88 is heavy
3) integration with computer (logic pro) - how compatible would it be?

I have integra7 and korg kronosX88. Both gives me more than what I need, great pieces of equipments. I like to have one single board that I like to take with me. I was using a roland a49 midi controller and my mac with logic so far. but i am at a point, I need something simpler, easier, not too much setup, plug it in and ready to go.

when I bring it back to my studio, I still want to be able to use it. I bought MOXF for this reason and sold it after a month or so because it was little too complicated. I needed to spend some more time with it to get acquainted with it. gave up too fast. I will get their sound module when Yamaha releases it if they ever release another one:)

In honest opinion, I want this FA06. wonder if it would be a waste with what I have now.
PauloF

Re: Compatibility with Integra and Kronos

Post by PauloF »

unixmill wrote:This board looks very interesting to me for the following reasons:
1) simplicity of the sequencer
- looks amazing, seems very intriguing compared to kronos. seems too simple. Kronos is amazing but it is for
pros. I am not a pro :)
2) start up time and weight -KronosX88 is heavy
3) integration with computer (logic pro) - how compatible would it be?

I have integra7 and korg kronosX88. Both gives me more than what I need, great pieces of equipments. I like to have one single board that I like to take with me. I was using a roland a49 midi controller and my mac with logic so far. but i am at a point, I need something simpler, easier, not too much setup, plug it in and ready to go.

when I bring it back to my studio, I still want to be able to use it. I bought MOXF for this reason and sold it after a month or so because it was little too complicated. I needed to spend some more time with it to get acquainted with it. gave up too fast. I will get their sound module when Yamaha releases it if they ever release another one:)

In honest opinion, I want this FA06. wonder if it would be a waste with what I have now.
If I had an Integra-7 (which in fact I do :-) ) and a Kronos, I would not be thinking about anything else, as those two are the "best of both Worlds".
Except... if I would need a lightweight portable instrument where I can use the Kronos Back Tracks or Samples and the Integra Sounds live at the same time without much hassle.
Halunlimited

Post by Halunlimited »

I agree with Paulo... And I have the Kronos 88.
anotherscott

Post by anotherscott »

unixmill wrote:I have integra7 and korg kronosX88...I like to have one single board that I like to take with me. I was using a roland a49 midi controller and my mac with logic so far. but i am at a point, I need something simpler, easier, not too much setup, plug it in and ready to go.

I would go back to the MOXF6. Live, you could use it all by itself, OR you could use it to replace the A49 to run Logic as well, OR (and this may be the most interesting) you would also have the option of bringing the MOXF6 and the Integra-7 and have all your Roland sounds just like you would with an FA-06, except you would also have all the Yamaha sounds and capabilities, with the extra benefit that you'll have those Yamaha sounds you want for your studio. And it's still a pretty quick and easy setup.

What makes this especially good to me is that the MOXF6 is one of the best controllers you can get for an Integra-7. It is very easy to set it up so that you have 16 buttons that enable/disable the 16 MIDI channels. This means you can instantly choose from among all the sounds you have in a Studio Set. (You can also set it up so you have buttons to invoke different Studio Sets.) That's a lot more workable live control than you can get out of an A49. You could presumably essentially do the same thing from an FA-06 without even having to bring the Integra, but if you can spend the same money and add a whole bunch of new sounds instead of duplicating the ones you have, and you want those sounds for the studio anyway, that seems to make more sense.

If you get the MOXF, the motifator forum is a great resource for assistance. For a thread specifically relevant to controlling an Integra, check out http://www.motifator.com/index.php/foru ... ead/470126
I actually tried to post this and other related information in the thread at viewtopic.php?f=54&t=47592 but for some reason, anything I ever try to post in that thread never appears.

Anyway, getting back to what interests you about the FA, the one thing that it might give you that the Yamaha would not is what appears to be a simpler approach to sequencing.
anotherscott

Post by anotherscott »

unixmill wrote:I have integra7 and korg kronosX88...I like to have one single board that I like to take with me. I was using a roland a49 midi controller and my mac with logic so far. but i am at a point, I need something simpler, easier, not too much setup, plug it in and ready to go.

I would go back to the MOXF6. Live, you could use it all by itself, OR you could use it to replace the A49 to run Logic as well, OR (and this may be the most interesting) you would also have the option of bringing the MOXF6 and the Integra-7 and have all your Roland sounds just like you would with an FA-06, except you would also have all the Yamaha sounds and capabilities, with the extra benefit that you'll have those Yamaha sounds you want for your studio. And it's still a pretty quick and easy setup.

What makes this especially good to me is that the MOXF6 is one of the best controllers you can get for an Integra-7. It is very easy to set it up so that you have 16 buttons that enable/disable the 16 MIDI channels. This means you can instantly choose from among all the sounds you have in a Studio Set. (You can also set it up so you have buttons to invoke different Studio Sets.) That's a lot more workable live control than you can get out of an A49. You could presumably essentially do the same thing from an FA-06 without even having to bring the Integra, but if you can spend the same money and add a whole bunch of new sounds instead of duplicating the ones you have, and you want those sounds for the studio anyway, that seems to make more sense.

If you get the MOXF, the motifator forum is a great resource for assistance. For a thread specifically relevant to controlling an Integra, check out http://www.motifator.com/index.php/foru ... ead/470126
I actually tried to post this and other related information in the thread at viewtopic.php?f=54&t=47592 but for some reason, anything I ever try to post in that thread never appears.

Anyway, getting back to what interests you about the FA, the one thing that it might give you that the Yamaha would not is what appears to be a simpler approach to sequencing.