Keybed of Roland Fa-06 ?

Forum for Roland FA-06/08
morningserhat

Keybed of Roland Fa-06 ?

Post by morningserhat »

Hi guys;
I really wonder about the keybed of Roland Fa-06,is it the same as Juno G and Juno Di or better?Thanks for the answers :)
Producer21207

Re: Keybed of Roland Fa-06 ?

Post by Producer21207 »

The Rep.said the Keybed is the same as the Juno GI and Juno DI.
Solitary man

Post by Solitary man »

If it has the same keybed as the Fantom x6 then it will have a great feel to it and very nice to play.
PauloF

Post by PauloF »

Solitary man wrote:If it has the same keybed as the Fantom x6 then it will have a great feel to it and very nice to play.
The Fantom X6 had Aftertouch, the FA-06 doesn't, so definitely not the same keyed as the X.
Keybdwizrd

Post by Keybdwizrd »

Unfortunately (or to be expected), all of these inexpensive keyboards have relatively mediocre keybeds, such as those found on the MOX, Chrome, M50, Di/Gi, etc.

They're not a joy to play, but they get the job done.
Saxifraga

Post by Saxifraga »

I think keyboard producer should not do the same as computer producers. I don´t understand why all components of a system have to be downgraded with price? Why not always use a keybed, like the Juno Stage has, for every synth around the 700..1500 range? I really liked my GW-8 but the keys where no joy. Now the VR-09 and FA-06 have it. Same with Korg and the M50 or King Korg.
Isn´t the keybed the main interface to the sound of a synth?
specialplant

Post by specialplant »

Saxifraga wrote:I really liked my GW-8 but the keys where no joy. Now the VR-09 and FA-06 have it. Same with Korg and the M50 or King Korg.
Are you sure it is the same keybed as GW-8? Did the Juno-Gi have its keybed?
Solitary man

Post by Solitary man »

PauloF wrote:
Solitary man wrote:If it has the same keybed as the Fantom x6 then it will have a great feel to it and very nice to play.
The Fantom X6 had Aftertouch, the FA-06 doesn't, so definitely not the same keyed as the X.
Ha! Paulo come on man! You should know the Fantom X never had aftertouch, it was purely a myth!

I do remember trying to get it to work and nearly breaking half a dozen keys though. ;-)
unixmill

Post by unixmill »

I am told that FA06 keybed is same as A49. I own a A49 which is way better bed than MOXF6 in my opinion.
yamaha had better key beds on motif xf6. somehow, they lost their feel on moxf6. some of the cheap Casio has better key beds for synth actions now days.
specialplant

Post by specialplant »

The MoXF has the same keybed as the MoX before, there is no tendency of getting worse, it is just a cheaper class than Motif XF. You are right that the MoX/MoXF keybed feels very easy, the keys of my Juno Stage and A800pro had more resistance. However, the MoXF keybed is better than you first think, as you don't reach the maximum easily despite the easy feel, so that it is possible to differentiate velocity quite well.
PauloF

Post by PauloF »

Solitary man wrote:
PauloF wrote:
Ha! Paulo come on man! You should know the Fantom X never had aftertouch, it was purely a myth!

I do remember trying to get it to work and nearly breaking half a dozen keys though. ;-)
(although not the best action) I'm afraid it had yes, and carefully setting Aftertouch sensitivity it solves the problem
PauloF

Post by PauloF »

specialplant wrote:The MoXF has the same keybed as the MoX before, there is no tendency of getting worse, it is just a cheaper class than Motif XF. You are right that the MoX/MoXF keybed feels very easy, the keys of my Juno Stage and A800pro had more resistance. However, the MoXF keybed is better than you first think, as you don't reach the maximum easily despite the easy feel, so that it is possible to differentiate velocity quite well.
I still prefer the PCR-500 and A-800 Pro action to the MoX/MoXF