Easy to use beatmatching software

Forum for Roland FA-06/08
technobob13

Easy to use beatmatching software

Post by technobob13 »

Hi all

The FA-06 is brilliant! Easy sound editing/creating, sequencing and audio loops, all on the fly!

I'm currently playing with the idea of using not just drum loops but also percussion, bass, vocals etc. etc. but as the FA-06 cannot beatmatch onboard, what software do you use to do this? More importantly, I don't want to have to spend a lot of money OR use software that takes months to learn (Ableton Live!!)

Is there an easy to use, inexpensive programme that will take several loops of different BPMs/types and match them and allow saving as separate WAV/MP3 files ready to import into the FA-06?

Thanks in advance...
PauloF

Re: Easy to use beatmatching software

Post by PauloF »

technobob13 wrote:Hi all

The FA-06 is brilliant! Easy sound editing/creating, sequencing and audio loops, all on the fly!

I'm currently playing with the idea of using not just drum loops but also percussion, bass, vocals etc. etc. but as the FA-06 cannot beatmatch onboard, what software do you use to do this? More importantly, I don't want to have to spend a lot of money OR use software that takes months to learn (Ableton Live!!)

Is there an easy to use, inexpensive programme that will take several loops of different BPMs/types and match them and allow saving as separate WAV/MP3 files ready to import into the FA-06?

Thanks in advance...
What do you exactly mean by "but as the FA-06 cannot beatmatch onboard"??
technobob13

Post by technobob13 »

PauloF wrote:

Thanks in advance...
Hi PauloF

The FA-06 does not do the same job as software like Ableton Live, where samples with different BPMs sync with each other when you play them.
JunoJohn

Post by JunoJohn »

I think "beatmatch" is "Tempo Sync" or "Time Stretch" in Roland-speak.
technobob13

Post by technobob13 »

JunoJohn wrote:I think "beatmatch" is "Tempo Sync" or "Time Stretch" in Roland-speak.
Correct :)

So, anyone using software to do this, and if so, which programme?
PauloF

Post by PauloF »

technobob13 wrote:
PauloF wrote:

Thanks in advance...
Hi PauloF

The FA-06 does not do the same job as software like Ableton Live, where samples with different BPMs sync with each other when you play them.
Got it!! thanks

I never tried to do that with Software, but I'll try my DAWs and let you know
jblongz

Post by jblongz »

Ableton life is the best solution for warping (beat-matching) samples. It is not hard to learn. The problem is most users will not take a full day to follow the built-in tutorials from the help menu. I became proficient in Ableton Live v4 in one week of their interactive lessons. You don't need Youtube to be come good with it. After 10 years, I'm currently on version 9 and 90% of the functionality is gracefully the same. You will not find a better solution currently. Logic comes in second place with it's FlexTime technology, but ironically it is not as flexible as Ableton's algorithms.

Spend some time, like the girlfriends would say.