where are all the sounds on my FA08

Forum for Roland FA-06/08
panasony

where are all the sounds on my FA08

Post by panasony »

Just bought the Fa 08 and is wondering where the sounds are, there is no synth bass I click on the vocal / choir button and there is only two sounds there , that cant be right, is it something I,m not doing I dosnt seem like it has 2000 sounds on there although trhe sounds that are on there are great
Solitary man

Re: where are all the sounds on my FA08

Post by Solitary man »

panasony wrote:Just bought the Fa 08 and is wondering where the sounds are, there is no synth bass I click on the vocal / choir button and there is only two sounds there , that cant be right, is it something I,m not doing I dosnt seem like it has 2000 sounds on there although trhe sounds that are on there are great
Did you purchase it new?

I know it's only been out a few weeks but if you did get it second hand then you may need to do a factory reset. Have you checked all the preset banks or just user banks? As these may be down to the previous owner deleting them.
cello

Post by cello »

They are listed by bank.

Press say the A.Piano/E.Piano button. Now press enter. You now have a list of the piano sounds. Use the cursor to get to the top of the page (where the tabs are) and then you can tab right/left to get to the other sounds.

Hope that helps
Harry G

Post by Harry G »

There is a lock icon next to the instrument picture. You have to unlock it to have access to all the sounds.
flowerkings

Post by flowerkings »

hit the buttons multiple times to change the categories within the bank, hit the shift or enter button I can't remember and all the sounds and banks will come up
panasony

Post by panasony »

Thanks for all your help, I didn't realise that i had to press the bank twice to get the extra sounds , but there still isn't any electric guitar, church organ or bell sounds
Candy

Post by Candy »

It is! Put the cursor on the top and then scroll left or right through the tabs!

Candy