Weird organ sounds on my new FA-06

Forum for Roland FA-06/08
jrosand65

Weird organ sounds on my new FA-06

Post by jrosand65 »

I just received my Roland FA-06 and was auditioning the organ category on my new instrument. I found the first 12 or so organ presets exhibit a weird pulsing artifact when I interact with my left hand while playing with my right hand. It almost sounds like the upper notes sort of cut out when I start using my left hand. There seems to be a weird interaction going on with these first 12 or so presets.

Perhaps I'm the first person to notice this phenomena on the instrument.

Anyone else experience this?
Abeck

Re: Weird organ sounds on my new FA-06

Post by Abeck »

Sounds like the compressor is pumping. Is the compressor turned up on the studio set? I'll check this out to see if I can duplicate.
jrosand65

Post by jrosand65 »

On a closer listen, I think I'm hearing a slow leslie effect panning from left to right. My ear must have adjusted to what I was hearing because I don't notice the weird sound anymore. The compressor pumping sounds like it could have been the initial issue. Thanks for the suggestion.

So far a pretty cool instrument.
geeman

Post by geeman »

jrosand65 wrote:On a closer listen, I think I'm hearing a slow leslie effect panning from left to right. My ear must have adjusted to what I was hearing because I don't notice the weird sound anymore. The compressor pumping sounds like it could have been the initial issue. Thanks for the suggestion.

So far a pretty cool instrument.
Hi there,
Congratulations on your new FA. Hope those weird organ tones are now sorted. I wonder, if the problem returns, maybe to consider posting a short sound file with a pic of your FA's screen? Plus, I need the practice of duplicating other folks' sounds. :-)
FASCREEN.jpg
FASCREEN.jpg (360.55 KiB) Viewed 848 times
cheers