Saving/Recalling Favorites

Forum for Roland FA-06/08
dan88z

Saving/Recalling Favorites

Post by dan88z »

I'm only a couple hours into my new FA08, but have an issue that hopefully someone can help me with.

I have 3 studio sets that I've saved so far. 1 acoustic piano (single mode), 1 acoustic piano and string layer (dual mode), and one Reed piano (single mode).

I've saved these 3 sounds to the 1st 3 favorites buttons.

The problem is when I recall the sounds that are in single mode by pressing the favorite button, it doesn't change the studio set, only the tone. Therefore, any effects that are saved with the studio set are not being called up. For example, if I have the reed piano studio set called up, which is on favorite button 3, and then press favorite button 1 to go to the acoustic piano, only the tone changes- the studio set remains on the Reed piano studio set.

If I use the dial to select the studio set, everything works properly. I won't be using the dial to change sounds live however, it'll be from the favorites buttons, since I will have a lot of patches and our song list changes from night to night.

The only way I've found to work around this is to make everything a dual tone patch, and then mute the 2nd tone. Then the effects change properly since it's calling a full studio set and not just the 1st tone. This doesn't seem right.

Any hints?

Dan
Abeck

Re: Saving/Recalling Favorites

Post by Abeck »

I've been playing with this and your description sounds like what I'm seeing too. I guess your favorites could only be studio sets. You could activate only one part of the set. It's odd because you are technically always in a studio set, even when just playing a single tone. It would be cool to have a default studio set for just single tone parts.
cello

Post by cello »

Yes, I'd like to see a 'single part' play mode - much like was introduced in an OS update for the Jupiter 80. This allows you to be free of the song-based navigation and just use/navigate the single sounds if required.
dan88z

Post by dan88z »

I was thinking that it could end up being an o/s upgrade. I'm sure some other things like this will surface that an update will address.