Click Track Question?

Forum for Roland FA-06/08
Vortexan

Click Track Question?

Post by Vortexan »

Hey everyone I'm new and a guitar player mostly so be easy on me. My FA-06 is hooked up to my iMac and all sound currently is routed through my powered monitors. I can't get just a plain old click from the click track to sound. Each time I record it is the drum that is assigned to midi track 10 that sounds. I have gone into utility and tried changing things there but it is always the same. The manual has nothing specific on the click track that I can find. Could somebody point me in the right direction to correct this. I just want to make a 4 bar simple sequence with click and then add drums later. Thanks for any help.
dirwn

Re: Click Track Question?

Post by dirwn »

On page 56 of the reference manual under Setting the Tempo of a Song you can turn a click on and off in the tempo section of the keyboard. This is not recorded but will sound continuously until turned off. Since I don't have my 06 in front of me right now I can't look at the utilities to offer more help. One thing I often do is record a rim shot or closed high hat on the beat and quantize this making my own click track per say until I record over it with the final drum track.
geeman

Post by geeman »

Vortexan wrote:Hey everyone I'm new and a guitar player mostly so be easy on me. My FA-06 is hooked up to my iMac and all sound currently is routed through my powered monitors. I can't get just a plain old click from the click track to sound. Each time I record it is the drum that is assigned to midi track 10 that sounds. I have gone into utility and tried changing things there but it is always the same. The manual has nothing specific on the click track that I can find. Could somebody point me in the right direction to correct this. I just want to make a 4 bar simple sequence with click and then add drums later. Thanks for any help.
Hi, just supplementing what dirwn says here if of any use: Was messing around with the clicks today and made a note of the steps:

MENU / SYSTEM / CLICK / CLICK MODE / choose PLAY & RECORD / then System Write on same page.

ps not sure about the click being set to ALWAYS. (Don't want it clicking away after I switch off the keyboard).
Vortexan

Post by Vortexan »

dirwn wrote:On page 56 of the reference manual under Setting the Tempo of a Song you can turn a click on and off in the tempo section of the keyboard. This is not recorded but will sound continuously until turned off. Since I don't have my 06 in front of me right now I can't look at the utilities to offer more help. One thing I often do is record a rim shot or closed high hat on the beat and quantize this making my own click track per say until I record over it with the final drum track.
Thanks! This seems to be what I've been looking for.
Vortexan

Post by Vortexan »

Hi, just supplementing what dirwn says here if of any use: Was messing around with the clicks today and made a note of the steps:

MENU / SYSTEM / CLICK / CLICK MODE / choose PLAY & RECORD / then System Write on same page.

ps not sure about the click being set to ALWAYS. (Don't want it clicking away after I switch off the keyboard).
Yea I hear you. I've been playing with those settings, right now mine is set to play & rec., don't know how that could be different to always........
Vortexan

Post by Vortexan »

Well I tried what you guys suggested and no click track using the USB out to my iMac and monitors. Then I plugged in my headphones to the FA and voila there it is. So it is working fine. Problem for me is I would really like to monitor from my powered speakers through the Mac. I can always put on headphones or plug in in to my PA but I don't want to unhook everything every time. Anyone know why the click doesn't work through the USB?
dirwn

Post by dirwn »

I don't think audio is sent thru the usb. Only data for midi or DAW control. Although I am no DAW expert. In the manual and demos I've seen on Youtube they mention taking the SD card to transfer the audio files.