How to play Rhythm Group for rehearsal/looping?

Forum for Roland FA-06/08
The Un-dr.

How to play Rhythm Group for rehearsal/looping?

Post by The Un-dr. »

What is the best way (or is there a way) to play a Rhythm Group from

Intro-->Pattern A-->Pattern B-->Pattern C-->Pattern D-->Ending

and have it loop continuously when you just want to jam to it? Probably have to exclude the Ending, I'm guessing, because that's programmed to stop everything when done, yes?

Thanks!
Cenobite

Re: How to play Rhythm Group for rehearsal/looping?

Post by Cenobite »

Like most things on the FA use the shift button. Hold shift and loop.
You can then set the start and end of the loop in the sequencer.
geeman

Post by geeman »

The Un-dr. wrote:What is the best way (or is there a way) to play a Rhythm Group from

Intro-->Pattern A-->Pattern B-->Pattern C-->Pattern D-->Ending

and have it loop continuously when you just want to jam to it? Probably have to exclude the Ending, I'm guessing, because that's programmed to stop everything when done, yes?

Thanks!
Hi, don't know if this is useful, but I have recorded some rhythm tracks into rhythm-only songs. Not sure if it is the right or wrong way to do things, but it works for me). :-)

1. Press SEQUENCER button
2 Open new song - SONG SELECT button and scroll to unused INIT SONG, (one without samples, I prefer).
3 Press red Record button to show the Realtime Rec Standby screen and set the Loop to OFF.
4 Start recording and press Rhythm Pattern button. No rush for this, as any empty bars can be ignored or left out of the Loop later or deleted.
5 Using the Rhythm blue buttons, work your way through and Stop recording.
6. Hold down SHIFT and LOOP button of the Sequencer to set up your Loop. Set the Start point and End point of your loop. Then set the Loop to On (red band shows). Exit Loop screen
7. Save new song with memorable title. "JamDrum" or similar.

happy jamming :-)
The Un-dr.

Post by The Un-dr. »

OK, thanks! That did work and I had some fun jamming' tonight!

But, sheesh, I don't think we should have to actually record just to jam out a bit.

I guess this is my first official complaint about the FA series and Roland should change it. Do you think it's possible with an update?

Anyway, thanks again!