Set different loop points on individual tracks?

Forum for Roland FA-06/08
Roland_fan

Set different loop points on individual tracks?

Post by Roland_fan »

Hey everyone,

Just joined this site because I'm seriously considering this new board and wanted to draw upon others' experiences.

One feature I really like on other workstations is the ability to set loops of different lengths on individual tracks (i.e. have a 2 measure rhythm loop on one track, a repeating 4-measure bass groove on another track, etc.)

I really like the user interface and sequencer features of these new boards from what I've read and seen on youtube, but couldn't find details on this specific feature. If anyone knows, or has a workaround that they've discovered, I'd like to hear about it!

Thanks in advance, guys
cello

Re: Set different loop points on individual tracks?

Post by cello »

I have the FA-06 and I've been scratching my head on exactly the subject you raise.

I cannot find anything to allow you to do that - so far, anyway.

The only work around I can think of is to do the 2 bars then copy and paste them throughout the track, similarly for 4 bar patterns.

If anyone know of the answer I'd love to hear it...
Candy

Post by Candy »

It is not possible, to set different loop-points at the tracks.
You only can set it one time for the whole song.

Candy
Roland_fan

Post by Roland_fan »

Cello, Candy, thanks for both of your input...while it would be a killer feature, it's not a deal-breaker; as Cello pointed out, cutting and pasting can accomplish the same result, just not as efficiently. At least the big screen makes doing these tasks less painful than on other workstations *ahem...kurzweil...*

Alternatively, since it appears Roland assumes that studio musicians will be utilizing a DAW with these boards, it's probably a job best done on software anyway. At this price-point, one can hardly complain (but it's great to dream...)

Thanks again for your help