WiFi SDHC cards?

Forum for Roland FA-06/08
mangepange

WiFi SDHC cards?

Post by mangepange »

Is it possible to use a WiFi SDHC card in the FA06/08 and connect to it through WiFi from a computer and read/write files?

I'm guessing it's not, but it would certainly be nice if possible.. :-)
splinters69

Re: WiFi SDHC cards?

Post by splinters69 »

It uses the Roland wireless adaptor but no idea what it connects to. I am selling mine in the classified section if you are interested. Its brand new, bought it for my Roland RD300NX to connect to the iPad app but never used it.
mangepange

Post by mangepange »

splinters69 wrote:It uses the Roland wireless adaptor but no idea what it connects to. I am selling mine in the classified section if you are interested. Its brand new, bought it for my Roland RD300NX to connect to the iPad app but never used it.
I don't mean the usage of that adaptor. I was wondering about if it was possible to use SDHC card with bulit in WiFi.

When I read this test I wondered if it was possible to use one in the FA06/08:
http://www.dpreview.com/articles/461682 ... -transcend
PauloF

Post by PauloF »

mangepange wrote:
splinters69 wrote:It uses the Roland wireless adaptor but no idea what it connects to. I am selling mine in the classified section if you are interested. Its brand new, bought it for my Roland RD300NX to connect to the iPad app but never used it.
I don't mean the usage of that adaptor. I was wondering about if it was possible to use SDHC card with bulit in WiFi.

When I read this test I wondered if it was possible to use one in the FA06/08:
http://www.dpreview.com/articles/461682 ... -transcend

From what I could see, I don't see why not...
The FA "sees" the SD as a normal SD card, but in fact the card will be also connected wirelessly to your computer... well, seems feasible... but to be certain, only after trying :-)