import SVQ songs from JUno G to FA 06

Forum for Roland FA-06/08
alejandro

import SVQ songs from JUno G to FA 06

Post by alejandro »

please , I bought a FA 06 and I wanted to import my songs, and it appears in the screen "Empty" . I put them in the folder that says IMPORT (SD card file structure of FA 06). My files are. SVQ and they could read on the Juno G in its internal memory and external SD card. On page 76 of the FA 06 reference handbook tells how to do it, but it is strange that they use radical. MID, that means my songs with radical . SVQ are not be able to import my files? SVQ files are supposedly exclusive Roland files in order to read in any keyboard . Please , someone can help me , how can I import all my data(songs) from juno G to FA 06? Thanks in advance
Attachments
importar how.jpg
importar how.jpg (86.71 KiB) Viewed 2037 times
Estructura.jpg
Estructura.jpg (412.97 KiB) Viewed 2037 times
Candy

Re: import SVQ songs from JUno G to FA 06

Post by Candy »

You can´t import .SVQ-Files into the FA. You can only import AIFF/Wave-Files and MP3-Files into the Sampler or MIDI-Sequences into the Sequencer.
When you want to import the Songs from the Juno, you can record the Songs as Audio and import them into the Sampler or record the Song from the Juno directly into the Sampler of the FA.
When you want to load the Song in the Sequencer, you must save it in the Juno as a MIDI-File, so you can transfer it (over the SD-Card/Import-Folder) in the FA. When you use GM-Sounds in the Juno, you can use the same Sounds in the FA, when you use own Sounds in the Juno, you must look for similar Sounds for the tracks of the FA.

Candy
alejandro

Post by alejandro »

Candy

thanks a lot for tour comments, it was useful to me
In fact I have connect the Juno G with FA 06 ( midi cables) and use as sequencer the Juno G and I could to recorder( real time) and saved some songs into FA 06 .
I will tray the other possibility that you have mentioned

Thanks a lot and have a nice and we can help other musicians , who have bought FA 06 or FA 08

Greetings

Alejandro
Jerks!

Post by Jerks! »

I talked to someone at Roland about this exact thing just yesterday and was told by a rep (after he went and asked some tech) that the FA-06 would play SVQ files if I loaded them onto a USB drive.
Was he wrong?
Because unless it'll play my 700 svq files I have no reason to buy one so it's a matter of some importance to me to find out.
I'm not a keyboard player and use my XP-60s for playing backing tracks at my gigs.
The XP's are starting to get unreliable ..... I know for a fact that some newer keyboards would still play SVQ files because I had a friend with one that came out after the XPs and it would play them.
So I want to get whatever the latest model that would still play SVQ files off ebay ..... even if it were only a few years newer it'd probably be more reliable.
So I called Roland and they said the FA-06 would play SVQs and was still in production.
I have around 700 songs and all are SVQ.
Whatever the most recent Roland model that'll play SVQ files is what I'll get because redoing 700 files would be too time consuming right now.
So is the Juno what I need or is the Roland rep right when he says the FA will play them?
alejandro

Post by alejandro »

dear Jerks

since 2014 I play with my FA 06, I am happy, but I could not transfer my original SQV files, I could only copy one by one as described in 2014, for me It was pity . I can not imagen transfer 700 songs . If another one can say something, but Candy was clear with his opinion.
I stay on the line anyway good luck
kind regards

alejandro