FA-06/FA-08 update

Forum for Roland FA-06/08
scally

FA-06/FA-08 update

Post by scally »

what would your wishes for the next update ?
New functions , new shortucts , more slots for expansions ,audio tracks , sampler functions extended ...
I really like this keyboard and I think some additional functions could make almost perfect what do you think about ?
dan88z

Re: FA-06/FA-08 update

Post by dan88z »

ability to map external midi program changes. Like if I call up studio set 35 and need patch 47 on the keyboard connected to it, that I can enter that number in and have it called. Right now on my Hammond I have the same organ sound copied about 20 times so it gets called up when I change studio sets.
cbeekhuyzen

Post by cbeekhuyzen »

I realy like more slots for expansions and audio track recording...
geeman

Post by geeman »

cbeekhuyzen wrote:I realy like more slots for expansions and audio track recording...
Greetings to all here,

Hi, I'd like to join your Xmas club Wish list, please. :-) Especially from the viewpoint of the following threads (sampling and audio tracks):

viewtopic.php?f=55&t=48334
and
viewtopic.php?f=55&t=48504

I invite some Roland vets to wildly speculate about the chances of a FA system update. Would it be even possible? Would it be worth waiting for? Are there instances where a Roland synth has been upgraded in some remarkable way?

thanks
bennyseven

Post by bennyseven »

I can speak for the Fantom X synths which I use since 8 years. Roland never responds to any user requests, and they were not able - for years - even to fix severe bugs with a simple OS update (i.e. RPS not saved in Song files, etc...).
I would very appreciate if they put an ear on the rails and give us some improvements.
It is inscrutable for me with the program/bank change issue.
my 2 cents
theshinenz

Post by theshinenz »

Like it if we could save the pad mode in a studio set, have a external control page like fantom g, and be able to choose which midi channel we have sounds on in a studio set, eg be able to have say 4 sounds layered on midi channel 3.
alphaC

Post by alphaC »

PC editor...
jijus

Post by jijus »

Roland FA 06 tone issue ( Dual /Split mode only)

Is there any solution for delay in changing tones? this problem happens only on Dual/split mode.
Is anyone noticed this issue? any solution to resolve this problem?

Pls. help.

Jiju
miden

Post by miden »

alphaC wrote:PC editor...
I think this will not happen as Roland are providing iPad apps foir this purpose afaik

EDIT: My bad, I assumed there WAS an iPad app as they seem to have one for all the other current instruments. But no, no app for the FA series - well that I could find, and none listed at Roland US
Resonance

Post by Resonance »

Hi Roland Clan,

owning the Fa-06 from end of March it became my favorite in creating new tracks on the fly.
Earlier i used the M3exp's sequencer mode, but touchsreen is not the best in changing details in tracks without using a pen from f.e. Kindle-Reader. But mostly i'm happy with the FA .

Some little bad points except the useless Sampling-unit:

If returning from Microscope-Edit or Track-Modify, the song always beginns with bar one.
So often scolling is boaring when working in bar 40 f.e.

The system too forgets all the parameters in Track-Modify when returning back there for manipulating other tracks with the same parameters - a kind of digital Alzheimer disease which has been cured 20 years ago in older keyboards...

Greetings Resonance