File format question

Forum for Roland FA-06/08
synthgirl910

File format question

Post by synthgirl910 »

I used my old (2001) keyboard sequencers in this fashion: I create a song, stick the song into a 16 track multirecorder, sing the vocals on track 2, mix it down, then burn it to CD. I then take the CD and convert the song to mp3 on my computer, so that I can email it to my vocalist across town, who then uses Garageband or some other software to add vocals, then emails it back to me in mp3 format.
Fast forward to 2014. Now here is the FA08.
Can I save a sequencer song in MP3 format, or am I going to have to repeat the steps above?
OR, I am hoping, can Garageband use something on the FA, so all I will have to do is save the song directly to a flash drive, stick in the computer and email to her? I am referring to the track she will record with. I don’t care how I get her the demo version with my horrible howling.
I was blessed with a great keyboard and songwriting ability, but not blessed with a great voice so this is the part I struggle with, getting vocal help from others.
Thanks for any help!
fuxoft

Re: File format question

Post by fuxoft »

You can export the whole song to SD card, into a single stereo Wav (which can then be easily converted to MP3). However, samples from the Pad track are not exported!

Another way is to connect FA to PC using USB cable, then using the FA as USB audio source, simply press PLAY on FA and record the song audio to the PC. This happens 100% digitally, at perfect quality and you don't have to fiddle with SD card.
synthgirl910

Post by synthgirl910 »

Thank you Fuxoft - is the procedure to convert WAV to mp3 in the manual?
fuxoft

Post by fuxoft »

synthgirl910 wrote:Thank you Fuxoft - is the procedure to convert WAV to mp3 in the manual?
It's not, because you must do it in your computer. There are many utilities to convert WAV to MP3, for example Audacity (free audio editing software).
danniesilva

Post by danniesilva »

Hello Guys

Can anyone tell me how long FA takes to Load an Mp3 file to the memory and how many can it load at one time?

Can we change tempo and transposing at realtime like Pa 600 from Korg or Bk7 from Roland?