MP3 Question

Forum for Roland FA-06/08
danniesilva

MP3 Question

Post by danniesilva »

Hello Guys

I have a Fantom X and Wave files take too long to Load and even in G!

Can anyone tell me how long FA takes to Load an Mp3 file to the memory and how many can it load at one time?

Can we change tempo and transposing at realtime like Pa 600 from Korg or Bk7 from Roland?

I wanted to put my all Midifiles in MP3 Format and Load them as quick as possible cause i need it when i play it Live.
So my question is:is it possible to do it on this Fa Series?

Many thanks..
fuxoft

Re: MP3 Question

Post by fuxoft »

You cannot "load MP3 into memory". You can IMPORT IT, which is something different. That means the MP3 is read from SD card, converted to internal FA format and saved to relevant Song folder on SD card. You only do this once for each sample. Afterwards you can even delete the original MP3s, because the samples are already converted to internal FA format and saved elsewhere on SD card.

From this moment, you can play the imported samples from sample pads. It doesn' ever get "loaded into memory", it's streamed straight from SD card when you play it (only its beginning is buffered in memory). So you don't have to wait for anything, all the samples are ready to play as soon as you load the relevant song (which takes just a second or two).

So you can have up to 64 samples "at ready" FOR EACH SONG and play each of them instantenously. Each of them can be as long as you want (if they fit on the SD card).

And now the bad news: You cannot change tempo or transpose the samples. You can only change their volume and apply a single global effect to them.

You can play up to 4 samples at once.
danniesilva

Re: MP3 Question

Post by danniesilva »

Thank xx a lot for the information.
Was very usefull for me.
On youtube most of the time people just show what we already know about this Family F Synthesisers.
So on i think i will give a try on this FA series and hope so it have some Fat Sounds and easy sequencing as the Fantom X.

Many thanks for the reply one more time!