Can someone test please?

Forum for Roland FA-06/08
miden

Can someone test please?

Post by miden »

Factory Studio Set 2 Jazz Duo, the ARP is "fixed" to on, it cannot be edited to off, even if it is saved to a user slot. Same for Prst 3, Prst 4,
So can someone please test to see if it also happens on other 'boards. If it does, I wonder if this is a bug?
fuxoft

Re: Can someone test please?

Post by fuxoft »

miden wrote:Factory Studio Set 2 Jazz Duo, the ARP is "fixed" to on, it cannot be edited to off, even if it is saved to a user slot. Same for Prst 3, Prst 4,
So can someone please test to see if it also happens on other 'boards. If it does, I wonder if this is a bug?
Every time you are in DUAL mode, at least one of the two instruments always MUST have the ARP switch (violet dot) set to ON. You can switch it on for both of them and then you can switch it off for the original one and leave it on for the second one. The combination must always be one of ON/OFF, OFF/ON or ON/ON. It can never be OFF/OFF. Roland probably thought that OFF/OFF is not necessary because it could be achieved by setting Arpeggio off globally using the ARPEGGIO button.

This is true for all DUAL modes under all circumstances. For example, if you switch from SPLIT do DUAL, one of the voices automatically gets ARP on.
miden

Re: Can someone test please?

Post by miden »

Thanks, that saves me looking further :)