Forum for Roland FA-06/08
gooddj11

How are your FAs doing so far?

Post by gooddj11 »

i will have mine last week of Oct. =) i'm in Asia
keyofJb

Re: How are your FAs doing so far?

Post by keyofJb »

So far, so good. Love the sounds. It takes awhile to navigate through all the sounds, so making favorites is key, especially when deciding which expansion sounds to make quickly available.
Español

Post by Español »

Are very welcome all opinions and comments that can make us the FA.
Congratulations and hope you can comment and contribute all you can about the Fa.
Thank you.
:-)
gooddj11

Post by gooddj11 »

i am very excited to have my FA06 that i searched websites about it and luckily forums.rolandclan.com seems to be very reliable. i sure will visit from time to time,share and also learn some new stuffs. a couple of days more,a couple of days more..
Español

Post by Español »

I think it's great that you're excited to get your FA. 
We hope you can share with us all the opinions and queries you may have with the FA and also the experiences we gocurrents having with the FA. 
Congratulations !!
gooddj11

Post by gooddj11 »

is M audio SP2 a good pedal for my FA06? or stick with roland DP10? thanks ahead
ABGgd

Post by ABGgd »

I have a SP-2 and it works great. It's cheaper than the DP-10 but feels like a high quality product and it has a good weight to it so it doesn't move around on you. I have an EV-5 as well and it works well too.
Español

Post by Español »

Hello friends !!
I have the DP-10 and is a great pedal. It works perfectly fine, its construction is sturdy, very good quality and perfectly fulfills its function ........................
I also have the EV-5 and runs just as well as the DP-10.
Both are the best pedals for synths Roland has .....
Greetings !!!!!!
CEB

Post by CEB »

I use the M Audio SP2 and Moog EP3 pedals. For the FA06. Do far so good. I got the the SP2 fir its smaller footprint so it would fit in my pedal case. I rarely use the SP2 because I don't use the FA06's keyboard much. It is primarily a midi sound source, sample player and a sequencer in my rig.

gooddj11

Post by gooddj11 »

yohoooooooooo! got it! last saturday! AWESOME is the word,,
Fleer

Post by Fleer »

Enjoy!
Joe P

Post by Joe P »

Great! Just joined and I see some familiar rigs already (CEB...). I hang out mostly at the Keyboard Corner.

I've played 5 or 6 gigs with my FA-08 and I love it. Great action, expressive tones, easy to use.

It didn't upset my set-up too much, although my middle tier was contacting the Sequencer button and I had to raise it a hair.

I've set up Favorites using Studio Sets for 3 different band scenarios, and use the pads for part select. I've recorded 4 or 5 great loops for solo practicing. I've velcroed the power supply to the unit, replaced the cord with a longer one and worked that into my power snake.

Hope to learn some here and contribute where I can.

Regards,
Joe
FA7

Post by FA7 »

1 week in

2 factory resets and half a dozen power downs later..changed something , i think ? lets reboot from orbit !

Still wondering why it doesn't have a home screen button...so i just power off and pray, lol

Almost punched it twice BUT have got used to 'obfuscation by design religion' of synth manufacturers' ...soon i will kill them all with the doom bomb of kickstarter, wo hahaha

FA 6 is the only thing on the market that looks like it might have been made this century, why i bought it

Reality check rating 4 outa 10...but there is no competition at this price point, in the year 2014 all synths suck

First smile...only took me an hour to figure out how to play a wav file imported from my desktop

It can play a wav file ? OMG it must be 1995 already !
FA7

Post by FA7 »

Bought a Yamaha MOX 8 , 88 key and haven't touched the FA 06 since

Realy wanted an 88 key version FA 06 but the key return on the FA 08 is so slow as to be unplayable. One day i will bother to use the Yamaha 88 key to control the FA 6 ....maybe ?
wilkinsi

Post by wilkinsi »

I only play the keys of the FA06 when using drum sounds. Anything synth wise is played via MIDI from my Boss GT-100 guitar FX, turning my FA06 into a synth module as the GR55 would.