New fa06 owner

Forum for Roland FA-06/08
jrc

New fa06 owner

Post by jrc »

Got my fa06 on Wednesday and have started creating sounds to get it ready for gigging at the end of the month. After playing a jp8000 for about 15 years I upgraded to a v synth last may but have never been that happy with it and when I saw over Christmas what the fa can do at such a good price my mind was made up. And after just three days I'm already very pleased with it. Great sounds, real ease of use and so light and compact! I have found one small fault which incidentally was also on the v synth. My band covers " hungry like the wolf " and the arpeggiator on that is set on random over two octaves. If you set the fa arp to random and two octaves then play an e major chord the arp only plays the e up and down and not any g sharp or b. Switch the octave setting to one or three octaves and it randomly plays all three notes in the chord. Set it back to two octaves and it goes back to only playing the e. Very strange. Thiseans I have had to play the arp on three octaves when we've gigged the song. Not the end of the world I know but now I know the fa does the same as the v synth on this I will contact roland and see if there is maybe a software update they could do to fix it. Apart from that, having unlimited sampling and great layers and split functions as well as the fantastic sounds I am already in love with it.