roland fa06 as sound module

Forum for Roland FA-06/08
nashwille

roland fa06 as sound module

Post by nashwille »

I want to buy roland fa06,i'm cruise ship musician and I have one question, whether roland fa06-08 can serve as a sound module, that is ,whether it is possible to connect roland a37 master keyboard to fa06-08 and that, for example, on one midi channel, for example, the first four channels are set studio 1 to ch controlled by a37 and the rest to be the ch4 that can be played on fa06-08 and whether fa06-08 key range going from c-1 to g8 or is it attached to the 61 keys of fa06?
Sorry for my english i use itranslate :-D
bennyseven

Re: roland fa06 as sound module

Post by bennyseven »

Hello nashwille,
this would be no problem. All parts can be assigned to a specific channel. And there are all (in theory) 128 notes on each channel available. Depending on the settings of your master beyboard.
cheers
BennySeven
nashwille

Post by nashwille »

Thank you bennyseven,

I have another question or two:-D I play in a band that has a large repertoire of about 400 songs, I'm not really familiar with these new machines because I have a roland xv5080 and work on it with performances and I have a 8x64 perf, roland fa has 512 studio set ,is it same thing as performances on xv5080 and which midi channel to access samples in the studio setup setup or song or whatever it's called.Do I have 16 midi ch + samples-pads or is it for example 15 midi ch + 1 sample track. I'm a little complicated question but I hope you understand :-D
thank you
analogaddict

Post by analogaddict »

You can use the FA that way, but you can NOT set key ranges in the FA for the sounds you want to play from another keyboard. You need to make all splits and assignments on your other board, unfortunately.
Odregos

Post by Odregos »

From my experience I believe that 15 channels plus a sample track is most correct.
bennyseven

Post by bennyseven »

I think, key ranges are always part of master keyboard settings and not part in the settings of sound modules.
skyy19854

Post by skyy19854 »

You can split all patches in patch mode then stack them as your please in performance/studio mode here check this out

Part 1

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BbrGH6Z ... Fc9n6AdeHS

Part 2

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XzsMwlz ... S&index=70
Myrk-

Post by Myrk- »

Key splits are for all sounds (internal and external) but shifting the octaves of each split individually is for internal sounds only - there is no effect to external modules, which only causes issues in some setups. I think based on your requirements the FA-06 is ideal - it can be controlled from other sources very well... what it's not so good for is controlling other things, but you have your A37 and the FA keybed for controlling the FA sounds.

You can assign your A37 to one or multiple midi channels (the A37 splits right?) then assign which of the channels you want the FA keybed to play, whether thats split or combined setups, so you'll have your 2 keybeds playing different sounds from a studio set (when you have 16 parts) on the FA-06. You could have 16 keyboards plugged into the FA and control 1 channel with each keyboard!

As for the sampler query, I believe you can run 16 channels and the sampler, but in this setup the sampler cannot be sequenced - you need to assign a channel (you can choose which) to the sampler to sequence it.