MFX not saved with Studio Set?

Forum for Roland FA-06/08
Joe P

MFX not saved with Studio Set?

Post by Joe P »

I was trying to apply MFX to a sound that was Part 1 of a 3 part studio set. I was able to do that via Effects Edit, but I could not save the MFX as part of the studio set. I ended up saving the tone with the MFX to USER and using that in the studio set.

The manual seems to say changes are lost unless the studio set is saved, which makes sense, but I couldn't find where it says MFX cannot be saved with a studio set. I don't think it saved my reverb setting either.

So can changes via Effects Edit be save with a studio set or must they be saved with a tone that must then be incorporated into the studio set?
cda

Re: MFX not saved with Studio Set?

Post by cda »

MFX edits must be saved with a user tone and brought into the Studio Set, as far as I can tell.
Joe P

Post by Joe P »

Thanks for confirming CDA. It's seems an odd omission I guess, since you can do so many other things to the tone via Part View, even chorus and reverb, ADSR etc. that can be saved with the Studio Set.
cda

Post by cda »

You're welcome. Yes, it does seem odd it works that way, and it threw me until I understood it.
Polgarsson

Post by Polgarsson »

OMG just found this thread after some frustrating first months with my FA-08. I play in a cover band where I make a new Studio Set for each song we play by adding some built in tones (around 2-6 parts per SS), tweaking them with MFX and TFX and then saving them with the Studio Set. I've had som headache trying to understand why changes in effects one Studio Set changes others until now. Really weird setup in my opinion, but thanks for letting me know!

I'm afraid it will take quite som time to save all my different parts as User Tones, tweak the effects and then "import" them back to the Studio Set. So before I start the process, can someone confirm that that's the way to go in my case?

And a follow up question: Since we don't have a lot of time to rehearse together it's essential for me to be able to do tone/effect/level adjustments right after we've played a song and then quickly save it. Do I then need to save each changed part's Tone first and then save the whole Studio Set?
Dnomaid

Post by Dnomaid »

MFX are tied to the patch, so yes - You save the patch and then save the studio set that you're going to use it in. Makes sense.