Piano FA06

Forum for Roland FA-06/08
DEVO-UK

Piano FA06

Post by DEVO-UK »

Hi

I've just checked this out at my local dealer and it looks great. I have an Integra7 and notice the sounds are almost (if not) identical.

My question is about the very first factory piano patch. It's very staccato, in that you hit and release the note and there's no sustain/release i.e. the note ends. This has always been the same on the INtegra7 pianos and I've never understood how to edit this.

I've read another forum post which talks about the Cut Off editing feature. Will this give the note a bit of release, rather than an abrupt staccato note?
Lunar

Re: Piano FA06

Post by Lunar »

You can programme sustain on the PCM pianos, or use the release knob, but not on the SuperNatural acoustic piano tones. There is no setting in the parameters for this. You would need to use a sustain pedal. Although any sustain pedal will work (you can change polarity in the system settings) I recommend the Roland DP-10 as it supports half-damper pedalling with the SN pianos on the FA. Not sure if another brand would or not. One question though, why would you need an FA if you have the Integra? All the sounds on the FA are already in the Integra, along with about 4,000 more as well as the SRX expansions.
DEVO-UK

Post by DEVO-UK »

Thanks.

I want to strip down my live set up. I can replace the Integra7, midi controller, cables etc, with the FA06.

I thought I'd have to use a peddle on the piano.

Thanks for the advice.
Lunar

Post by Lunar »

No worries, I realised after I posted that an Integra, Midi cables, controller etc. is a bit of a pain to set up for live use. I've used my FA-06 live a few times and it's a good keyboard on stage. If you're going to use the Supernatural pianos live, I'd seriously think about EQ'ing them a bit and saving your settings. The FA does seem to be a bit bass heavy, unless that's your thing of course. But on the whole, it's got everything you need for live use.