Turning off the MFX?

Forum for Roland FA-06/08
bennyseven

Re: Turning off the MFX?

Post by bennyseven »

Yes, you are right.
And there is a sysex for nearly all parameter. But won't help us.

OT: on the Fabtom X one could program a sysex string on a RPS function and trigger by key, beam... But RPS is also a nice feature from yesterday.
stevel

Re: Turning off the MFX? (updated Jan 17 2017)

Post by stevel »

Update Jan 17 2017:

Please see my thread here:

viewtopic.php?f=55&t=53029

and here:

viewtopic.php?f=55&t=53022

I figured out how to control the MFX internally and turn some effects off/on (not all effects allow it).

Also, figured out how to change MFX to Thru or to any other effect via SysEx messages.

Also, I figured out (and corrected my mistake) and got MFX switch to change on/off on a per part basis which is the most practical.

Here's an update (posted a day or two prior to the posts linked to above):

I was playing with Sysex messages today and I've discovered how to set the MFX to "Thru" per part.

Here's the message:

F0 41 10 00 00 77 12 SS 19 02 02 00 00 S1 F7

19 = temporary tone studio mode part 1
02 = Supernatural Acoustic Tone*
02 = MFX (it's the same in all banks)
00 = MFX type
00 - the last one before "S1" is the data - I changed it to "0" to set it to Thru.

(In my software, the SS - S1 bookends around the address and data automatically to the checksum, otherwise the checksum goes where the S1 is and SS is not present).

Obviously this is not the best way to do it becuase I can't turn the effect back on - though with enough buttons I could jump to any desired effect this way - from Thru to Tremolo then back to Thru or on to Delay, and so on.

This is exactly what I needed live, and it does it on a PER PART basis - meaning, I think, if you have a studio set set up with a split or a layer (or dual or split mode), you could turn the MFX from Thru to any other MFX effect on one Part, without affecting the other Part! You could even put it on a knob an scroll through the various types of effects, but I'd use buttons to jump from any one to any other, or Thru.

The only problem I've found with this (thanks Roland) is that there's a different SysEx number needed for each type of sounds - the asterisk above on the 02 - that controls MFX for a Supernatural sound. To get it to control MFX on a PCM, that number has to be 00.

So if I call up a PCM sound, this won't work without changing the number.

I've just printed the remainder of the MI sheet so I'm going to see if I can figure out also how to just turn the MFX on and off - there's definitely a message to do this, just got to see how it's configured.

update, I did, and that's linked to above as well.

Steve