Setting Up the Controller for Leslie Fast/Slow

Forum for Roland FA-06/08
fa06roland

Setting Up the Controller for Leslie Fast/Slow

Post by fa06roland »

I am out of town a lot during the week with my business, but went through the manual this weekend, it's not really too well detailed. Although I do have a Hammond SK2, I wanted to set up the FA-06 Controller for slow/fast Leslie speeds, hope someone can help me out. I have not made any changes on the factory set defaults, but would like to set up for a B3 type organ with the controller activating the leslie speed when needed. Also, I was wondering if it is possible to change the vibrato/chorus to a C3/V3 setting at slow speed, just like my old B3/122. I frequently used an 88880000 setting on the B3. C3 Vibrato/Chorus can be done on a VR-09 with a switch (I saw on videos) and the drawbars are there to modify sound on the VR-09. Its too bad the FA-06 does not have a set of drawbars or more tonewheel features like a 700 or 760 Roland, when the FA-06 does come with an organ section. Anyways, loving this keyboard, sounds are great, but I do want to make some custom changes to it which I can permanently save, and learn to navigate the tones before my next gig, set up Studio Sets for live performance, etc. Ed's youtube videos are also terrific for new owners like me. Thanks !
Candy

Re: Setting Up the Controller for Leslie Fast/Slow

Post by Candy »

I switch the leslie on and off with the two switches near the Bender (S1 or S2). You can program them by pushing shift an then the knob (S! or S2) and assign the right parameter to the knobs.

With the "ocean beach digital db-1 drawbar controller" (google) you have the drawbars for your FA-Organ.

I also programmed a template for iPad Midi Designer (http://mididesigner.com/qa/3093/roland- ... nth-editor):
mididesigner.com.jpeg
mididesigner.com.jpeg (30.84 KiB) Viewed 804 times
FA has a lot of possibilities, try it!

Candy
fa06roland

Post by fa06roland »

"ocean beach digital db-1 drawbar controller" was Google' d, it is discontinued. That's OK, most of the organ parts are done on the SK2 anyway. Now onto setting up Studio Sets and other things. I heard on a video that even more hidden factory set "tones" can be accessed somehow with a combination of buttons. That would be good to know how they can be found. I bought the FA-06 more for the synths, pads, JP8 strings and Jupiter tones, choirs and chorus and saving those particular samples in an order triggered by the pads, are what I will be focusing on with the set up of the Studio Sets. Thanks very much for your help !.
bennyseven

Post by bennyseven »

Interesting. Never heard of the hidden things.
Maybe this refers to Axial sounds and expansions.
fa06roland

Post by fa06roland »

You are probably right. Lots to learn. The youtube videos have been very helpful with "hands-on" demonstrations of the FA-06. I especially like the light weight and it's many features. I am transitioning to easy to carry keyboards, most are now 61 key and on Ultimate and Quik-lok stands for gigging. Cheers.