Updated fa-08 anytime soon?

Forum for Roland FA-06/08
LivingEdge

Re: Updated fa-08 anytime soon?

Post by LivingEdge »

Myrk- wrote:I forgot to ask though... why do you need to control an Integra-7 when the FA-06 and 08 have an Integra-7 pretty much built in? All of the Axial tones for the Integra-7 work on the FA workstations.
In addition to what's been mentioned -- running 6 expansions instead of 2 -- your polyphony is also doubled from 128 to 256 notes, i.e., 128 notes per device. I have a Midi Timepiece... if I had the money I'd buy and use solely Integra-7's.

However, luckily it's a no-brainer to dump midi songs to wave files and load/sync them in elsewhere, like in a DAW. But it would be nice to see what 8 or more Integra-7's would sound like at the same time and be able arrange/compose a whole orchestra made up of 128 tracks or more.

I've been in orchestras of 120 plus pieces. Right now adding parts to orchestrations is piece-meal.
Myrk-

Post by Myrk- »

Yer that makes sense - full orchestral parts constructed from the individual instruments are about the only time you'd realistically need more than 128 simultaneous notes - in almost any other music that kinda layering is just gunna turn into mess! :D
etherweet

Post by etherweet »

id like to have the pads expanded so there could be 16 sets of pads that could select studio sets and tones without having to go to pad mode and re select part select.

and being able to set the power on mode of the pads.

put vibrato into the tonewheel engine so we could have c1-3 and v1-3 emulation

i use 15 tones in a "badassb3" studio set and use pad mode to select each tone and it pretty much covers my favorite characters. i havent figured out how to use the 16th spot yet.

having the foot controllers be able to latch like s1 and s2 would be nice for leslie fast and slow or fast and stop.

all this is redundant since i have a vr09 that i am perfectly happy with - although it is interesting how mutually exclusive they are on character.
Gatorjohn

Post by Gatorjohn »

There are 100 favorites that you can program to pull up tones or studio sets with 2 button pushes.
Skijumptoes

Post by Skijumptoes »

etherweet wrote: i use 15 tones in a "badassb3" studio set and use pad mode to select each tone and it pretty much covers my favorite characters. i havent figured out how to use the 16th spot yet.
If you go to the sequencer view (Sequencer button) and look at the first column (Type) - change from PAD to MIDI and you can use it like the other 15.

By Default it's set for playback of the sample pads (Hence 'PAD').

You can also do this by going Menu > Studio Set Common -> Pad Part Select: OFF.

I just find it quicker to use sequencer view, in fact i use sequencer view more than Studio Set view and i don't even use it for sequencing. :)