Pairing w/ Electribe2

Forum for Roland FA-06/08
TheSlopingCompanion

Pairing w/ Electribe2

Post by TheSlopingCompanion »

Hey all,

Thanks in advance for any help. I was wondering if anybody had any experience pairing the FA-06 with the new Korg Electribe2. My FA-06 is being delivered today (SUPER PUMPED!)

- I want to know if the MIDI clock will slave to the E2 and stay in time (arp, fx, etc).
- I also would like to know that if I have the midi clock synced, how easy will it be for me to play a line on the FA or sing/talk through the vocoder on the FA. Sample it in realtime, and have it start playing back right when I stop sampling? To loop and stay in time with the master E2 clock.

MUCH APPRECIATED!!! So excited to start learning this beast, I have a month before my gig...
TheSlopingCompanion

Re: Pairing w/ Electribe2

Well it has arrived!!! Stuck at work for only 7 more hours until I get to start wrecking shop on this thing. Any beginner tips welcome! I know my way around boards pretty well but any tricks and tips that y'all have discovered during your time with the FA- please do share!
cda

Post by cda »

Tip: wear white cotton gloves AT ALL TIMES when operating your FA ;)
TheSlopingCompanion

What does it get super smudgy
cda

Post by cda »

Yes, and the surface is easily scratched. There's a thread about it on here somewhere.