Recommended Headphone for the Fa06

Forum for Roland FA-06/08
kolporaj

Recommended Headphone for the Fa06

Post by kolporaj »

Hi guys,
I've been using Audiotechnica ATH-M35 for my Yamaha MoX8. It sounds amazing. even in low volume, the sound, the clarity, reverbs, effects both are top notch
But when I use it in the Fa06 in the Headphone port it sounds kinda 'meh'
sounds are not loud enough, and the tones sound like they're coming from a beginner 300$ keyboards.
I know the keyboard sounds amazing as I've heard in the studio using Keyboard Amps (roland, peavey)
But for some reason it doesn't sound good in the headphone.
And the headphone is not the problem cauz the Yamaha sounds amazing in that same headphone.
So I'm at a loss guys

Please can anyone suggest what should i do. should i buy another headphone or a keyboard amp or change any settings?
I practice or record or compose songs using the headphone so it's a big deal for me. and my budget is around 100$
Firebass

Re: Recommended Headphone for the Fa06

Post by Firebass »

I think the FA's head phone jack eq out of the box was way too weak on the initial studio set. (Maybe a hearing safety thing?) After a few months of not feeling good about the sound I was getting, I went ahead and eq'd each part of a studio set according to how my headphones sounded, then I eq'd the amp accordingly. Then I use that saved eq'd Studio Set as my default instead of the initializing a studio set that wipes out all the eq when creating new studio sets. That way your starting with your saved eq and you dont have to do it all over.
I'm just using some cheap $20.00 earbuds (Skull Candy) I am quite amazed how good some the sounds that the FA produces now.
Skijumptoes

Post by Skijumptoes »

You tried playing with the compressor and tone controls on the sound modify section? They give quick access to adjust the EQ and Compression if you need more 'oomf' or more/less bottom end for example.
kolporaj

Post by kolporaj »

Thank you Firebass,
I'll start eq'ing the studio sets.I wished there was a one step solution to this problem. Thats what I love about the Mox. You don't need tweaking. The sounds are polished. But the positive side is I'm learning sound shaping better using the Fa 06.
Skijumptoes, thanks bro. Yes I've been doing this. Just turning on the compressor has drastic changes to the tone qualities. I wished Roland turned this on creating each studio sets by default