Autosave edited Samples?

Forum for Roland FA-06/08
bennyseven

Autosave edited Samples?

Post by bennyseven »

Hello,
today I discovered some strange things with the sample pads. I can't explain to myself so maybe anyone has answers.

A song has some assigned samples. One of the samples had to be replaced, so I imported new file and assigned to a pad. So everything seems to be normal.
Few later I deleted this sample, because I catched the wrong file from the import folder.
Accidently I deleted the wrong pad sample and reloaded the song in order to restart editing.

Now I was shocked, the sample from this song was gone away and the pads lit was off.
So what is gonna happen? I did NOT SAVE the song (nor "save with samples").
Feels like a kind of autosave. I found nothing in the manual or system settings.

The expected behaviour of the FA was, as long I did not save the song (with samples), all pad programmings will stay.
Any thoughts?
Skijumptoes

Re: Autosave edited Samples?

Post by Skijumptoes »

Yup, it autosaves - as someone who doesn't use songs it's actually really useful for me as i can load/delete samples on the fly and they'll still be there when i turn the FA back on another day without having to save the song each time.

Can understand the shock when you change a sample though, and decide to reload the song to revert your changes back.
bennyseven

Re: Autosave edited Samples?

Post by bennyseven »

Thank you, Sky. So it actually works as designed.
Always keep in mind that the sample player works fully separate from the synth....