Dub effects with Mfx Delay or Tfx tape echo

Forum for Roland FA-06/08
SilverBack

Dub effects with Mfx Delay or Tfx tape echo

Post by SilverBack »

Hi everyone. Owner of the Fa-06 since almost 2 years back and have had great fun with it and have used it alot in recordings aswell as live. I play in a reggae band and I had great expectations of the delay and echo effects which I think sounds good enough for live play but comes with some limitations. From what I can tell, after using the board for 2 years and searching in the manual aswell as the forum, there is no way to make the delay-mfx or the tape-echo-tfx keep sounding after I turn it off. And I can't find a way for either of the effects to self-osciliate..

So my questions are:
1. Is it possible for the effects too keep sounding after i turn the effects off?
(As an example, imagine having the FA connected to a mixer with an external delay-echo-effect. I send the signal through the bus for only 1 back beat and then turn it down again. The effect is now off but the bounces from the delay/echo can still be heard.)

2. Is it possible to make either of the effects to self-oscilate? If i put the feedback on 100% it merely keeps the delay going but no modification can be heard of the sound.

I do understand that a descent delay pedal would do the trick for me but as a typical keyboard-player i never play with only one keyboard, and most often I use 3 at a time and want to control the effects for each seperate keyboard. Additionally it would be rather expensive to buy 3 identical pedals so if I can use the internal effects on at least one of them, it would save me quite a few dollars.
Thanks in advance!
SilverBack

Re: Dub effects with Mfx Delay or Tfx tape echo

Post by SilverBack »

To clarify:
I have found out that the correct term off the effects is "Trails". If this helps to understand my problem.