USB Midi & Audio...

Forum for Roland FA-06/08
Key2in

USB Midi & Audio...

Post by Key2in »

Hi, I have win10/64bit my DAW is Cubase I want to connect my FA06 with Cubase I don’t want to use the FA06 as a controller for Cubase.
I simply want to record FA06 both Midi & Audio into Cubase through a USB cable please tell me step by step in simple terms without getting into complications.
Thanks.
Gatorjohn

Re: USB Midi & Audio...

Post by Gatorjohn »

See Pg 91 of the reference manual.
Key2in

Post by Key2in »

Where is FA USB midi drivers for Win10 ? in my Cubase MIDI input and output device not show FA.
Key2in

Post by Key2in »

Hi I already been on this site lots of time.
I switched off my computer and FA06 connected USB cable. 1st turned on my PC then FA06 no drivers downloaded automatically however on the website it says that my computer will automatically download win 10 drivers but it doesn't!
Even when I manually download it by my self it still doesn't give me the setup file, only its in web pages.
I went into my computer device manager but the FA drivers are not installed properly please see pic below;

Gatorjohn

Post by Gatorjohn »

Are you logged into your pc with admin privileges?
Key2in

Post by Key2in »

I am logged in my pc and I am the main user for my pc but what is admin privileges and what is to with down loading the drivers for FA06?
Skijumptoes

Post by Skijumptoes »

What USB mode do you have your FA Setup as?

[SYSTEM] - [USB Driver]

Providing you have your FA set to the correct mode, i would delete that entry from device manager in windows... Unplug your FA, then plug it back in again.
Key2in

Post by Key2in »

I have already done all of this and still not working I have been trying all this for last few day my other keyboards Korg & Yamaha, have all installed properly without any problems I don't know whats happening here! I already been on this site lots of time.
https://www.roland.com/global/support/b ... s_drivers/
when I go to this site it says in red "Your computer automatically downloads the Windows(R) 10 driver from the Internet when a product requiring the driver is connected to the computer."
Firstly roland should provide FA6 midi driver Setup File for all windows, separately themselves for Win10.
Anyhow please help me clear this asap as I need to complete some work on my keyboard for a client! Kindly.
Skijumptoes

Post by Skijumptoes »

You tried right clicking on the device manager entry and updating the driver?