Sequencer Song full!

Forum for Roland FA-06/08
Ward

Sequencer Song full!

Post by Ward »

Can anyone advise me on an easy way to avoid running out of room on the sequencer on my FA 08? I've just recorded a song 25 bars long (there are some fat sounds in it) but when I try to add more it says Song Full. Any suggestions?
LivingEdge

Re: Sequencer Song full!

Post by LivingEdge »

I don't think this is normal... 25 measures?

I think you have a midi loop somewhere that might be maxing out the FA-08. You could turn off midi thru and see if that works -- otherwise something that's nice is a midi monitor to watch the midi notes as they are being sent through the cables.

If you've already solved your problem, please let us know what you did. Thanks.
Ward

Post by Ward »

Thanks, but that doesn't seem to work. Can I find out if there is a loop? I haven't put one in. If I get a midi monitor, what's the maximum the sequencer can take?
LivingEdge

Post by LivingEdge »

Ward wrote:Thanks, but that doesn't seem to work. Can I find out if there is a loop? I haven't put one in. If I get a midi monitor, what's the maximum the sequencer can take?

I think we're talking about two different things. I'm talking about a midi hardware loop.

I have seen on the forum where this was recommended, and it should do the job:
http://midiox.com/
Ward

Post by Ward »

Thank you again. I don't fully understand the problem but I've looked at Midiox and unfortunately I work on a Mac and there doesn't seem to be a version compatible. I'll keep looking.
Skijumptoes

Post by Skijumptoes »

It could be that you have a load of midi data going in to the sequencer (cc etc.), have you looked at the microscope view to check this?

Bar-wise, 25 - that's nothing - however, there must be a limit on actual number of events, and i'm willing to bet you've maxed this out somehow... Maybe, if you have an external device of some sort it's been throwing in midi cc/sys ex as you've looped recorded and it's built up?

If you find anything in the microscope view then you can filter it in future using the system menu - or disable it on whatever device is throwing it out to you.

And FYI - Midi monitor is the equivalent on OSX :- https://www.snoize.com/MIDIMonitor/
Gatorjohn

Post by Gatorjohn »

Do you have any samples loaded in that song? Blank bars at the end of the song? These are just a couple of things other Roland board users have run into that might cause the full song message. Like SkiJ said, 25 bars is nothing. I've heard 8-10 min FA jams on SoundCloud that have to be way more than 25b. SD card full?
bennyseven

Post by bennyseven »

Try export and import of the song. Always use a new initiated song. I had problems using one of the demo songs. I sometimes use midi files of any size (i.e. from http://electrofresh.com) without any problems