Setting Loop start/end points during playback?

Forum for Roland FA-06/08
Myrk-

Setting Loop start/end points during playback?

Post by Myrk- »

Anyone know if its possible to change the loop start and end points during playback? If for instance I need to elongate a certain section when something has gone wrong during live play or if I just want to extend an area with another repeat. Is loop the right tool in this scenario or is there another way to repeat an area again? (Is it possible maybe to use the pads to jump to certain bars in the track?)
Myrk-

Re: Setting Loop start/end points during playback?

Post by Myrk- »

I queried Roland about the issue and if there were any updates in the works for the FA workstations to fix known bugs. The reply:
Regarding the FA-06 - you can set the loop points by holding down the SHIFT button and then pressing the LOOP button - this brings up the dialog box where these changes can be made. Unfortunately you can not change these settings while the sequencer is running, so you would need to make any changes before pressing play (you can toggle the LOOP switch on and off during playback).

We have not heard of any pending updates for this model, but it is possible that there is something being worked on. All engineering is handled in Japan and they keep this work confidential until they are ready to release a product or update publicly.