Using a MIDI pedal with a FA-06

Forum for Roland FA-06/08
bajohnson73

Using a MIDI pedal with a FA-06

Post by bajohnson73 »

I'm relatively new to MIDI.

I'm trying to use a FCB1010 MIDI pedal on my FA-06. The file structure of the FA-06 doesn't work well with this pedal out of the box. My user sounds got saved to 2 separate user banks. Piano/EP/Clav to one bank, and Synth/B3 organ to another bank. I can step through either bank on my FCB1010, but when going from B3 to Piano I need to change banks by hand (like a cave man). I have the banks set up under different favorites so it's only one button push away, but, I use 5 sounds live. I want to hit pedal 1 through 5 and select the sound I want on the fly. With my hands on the keys.

Please help me.
Myrk-

Re: Using a MIDI pedal with a FA-06

Post by Myrk- »

Save all the tones into 1 bank? I know although it splits user banks into PCM-D, PCM-S, etc, you can put them all in the same bank. Sounds like it will overcome your issue.
bajohnson73

Post by bajohnson73 »

Myrk- wrote:Save all the tones into 1 bank? I know although it splits user banks into PCM-D, PCM-S, etc, you can put them all in the same bank. Sounds like it will overcome your issue.
Tried to do that. Couldn't figure out how.
Gatorjohn

Post by Gatorjohn »

Create the tone, write it, then save to your preferred bank #, 0-1, 0-2, etc. Can you configure your pedal to control the fav up and down messages? You can also edit where the favs exist, pg 28 of the ref man.