FA-06 Keybed pictures

Forum for Roland FA-06/08
bennyseven

FA-06 Keybed pictures

Post by bennyseven »

Hello,
just want to share some pics of the 06 keybed as I had to open my Roland because one key has a malfunction (sometimes a dead note). Because of the integrated and fixed mounted sensor there was no chance for me to repair it. Will try to ask Rolands local next week. Seems as I must replace the whole keybed...
Attachments
IMG_3580.jpg
IMG_3580.jpg (71.08 KiB) Viewed 1438 times
three keys unmounted
three keys unmounted
IMG_3579.jpg (69.02 KiB) Viewed 1438 times
side view. key sensor has grey color
side view. key sensor has grey color
IMG_3586.jpg (32.67 KiB) Viewed 1438 times
Origin: china
Origin: china
IMG_3585.jpg (57.68 KiB) Viewed 1438 times
Keybed
Keybed
IMG_3584.jpg (36.11 KiB) Viewed 1438 times
tomkitel

Re: FA-06 Keybed pictures

Post by tomkitel »

The keybed system looks very similar to a Fatar keybed. You could try to clean the sensors under the grey rubber pad. Just pull the rubberpad off and clean it with isopropyl alkohol. Then assemble the pad again. I did that a few times with Fatar keybeds and it worked.

Good luck!
Rupertt

Post by Rupertt »

take a look at this video, maybe it helps.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xw2DQA3driw
bennyseven

Post by bennyseven »

Thanks a lot for your help. This i a really cool video tutorial. I was afraid to disassemble more/all parts from the keys. But it looks like it is very easy to clean up the contacts in case they are dirty or something.
Unfortunately I saw your posts to late and I gave my keyboard to Roland repair service today....
tomkitel

Post by tomkitel »

bennyseven wrote:Thanks a lot for your help. This i a really cool video tutorial. I was afraid to disassemble more/all parts from the keys. But it looks like it is very easy to clean up the contacts in case they are dirty or something.
Unfortunately I saw your posts to late and I gave my keyboard to Roland repair service today....
Let us know how long the repair will take and what they will charge you for it.

Good luck!
bennyseven

Post by bennyseven »

Hello, I got a 'ready' phone call today (after a few working hours today). They have fixed it with no cost to me (warranty). Couldn't pick up the keyboard today after work, but I will get it back tomorrow. Very quick and friendly service from Roland Germany.