question of assiging effects

Forum for Roland FA-06/08
sklawlor

question of assiging effects

Post by sklawlor »

Hello. I am blind and had a question aobut assiging effects to the 6 knobs. Now, I know that when I hit the button below the knobs, it selects a group of 6 effects that are controled by the knobs, but selection 3 in the group of 4 possibilities is a group of 6 slots where there are no effects, if that makes any sense. My question is, can someone describe the procedure for assigning effects to those 6 unassigned slots and, will the 6 effects that I assign to those slots be applicable globally like the other effects? I've tried to look this up online so that my wife might be able to help since I'm assuming this is going to be quite a menu intensive process. My hope is that, once I have this done, I won't have to do it again since there are certain effects that I use a lot but I want to use them in conjunction with other effects. I wish I could give a concrete example of what I'm trying to do but, at this point, I'm not able to so I hope this question is still enough information where I may be able to get some help. Thanks for your assistance.
Gatorjohn

Re: question of assiging effects

Post by Gatorjohn »

The how to is on pg 39 and the possible parameter assignments are on pg 99 of the ref man.
Skijumptoes

Re: question of assiging effects

Post by Skijumptoes »

Just to add to this - May i also suggest that if you suffer with sight problems then you can plug two expression pedals into the FA (as well as a hold/sustain pedal).

You can assign each pedal to parameters, such as resonance/cutoff/aftertouch/volume etc.