Recording Sample Pad into Sequencer - randomly cuts out!

Forum for Roland FA-06/08
Mookie6225

Recording Sample Pad into Sequencer - randomly cuts out!

Post by Mookie6225 »

Hello,

Im a recent owner of the FA-06 with an interest to run my Live/Electronic show off of the instrument. Learning that I could load my prelay's into the instrument and not be at the mercy of faulty laptops made this keyboard an immediate 'must have'

Currently, my setup is to send the keyboards internal click through the sub output for the band, while running 1 full prelay file off a single sample pad that heads out the main outputs (along with the keyboard sounds I'll be playing). The best way I can figure out to perform with a consistent click-to-prelay, is to record the prelay into the sequencer as a dedicated 'song'.

In doing this, I am experiencing something super disconcerting. I'll 'record' the whole song through, no apparent issues. Then, when I attempt to play back the recording, the audio from that recorded sample will unexpectedly cut out before I've reached anywhere close to the end of the recording. Resiliency against malfunction is exactly the reason I got this keyboard in the first place, so I would love to find out that there is an issue somwehere in the settings and that this is not a glitch.

The glitch does seem to occur at a consistent point in the song when it happens, though it never occurs when i'm 'recording' the sample in the first place

Could this be some issue where I need to set the length of the song in the sequencer in advance? Or maybe some setting within the sample pads so that they don't 'shut off' under any circumstances? would CRAZY appreciate some help here!! Thanks - Alex
Lunar

Re: Recording Sample Pad into Sequencer - randomly cuts out!

Post by Lunar »

After importing your sample, in the sample edit screen, make sure that the Gate & Loop settings are switched off. When you press the pad, it should play right through to the end and then stop. See the Reference PDF page 81 for more info on the settings. Hope this helps you out.
Mookie6225

Re: Recording Sample Pad into Sequencer - randomly cuts out!

Post by Mookie6225 »

Big thank you ! 'Gate' was set to on, and after switching it off everything played through without a hitch. Really appreciate the help