Input Level

Forum for Roland FA-06/08
Firebass

Input Level

Post by Firebass »

I notice that when I hook up my computer or phone to the small headphone input on the FA that I get a fairly week signal even with my volume on the device all the way up. the levels I have my keyboard eq'd at seem to be good but without turning them all down I was wondering if there is a way to turn up the input signal.

Thanks
Firebass
Skijumptoes

Re: Input Level

Post by Skijumptoes »

On the rear of the keyboard you have a trim knob - but not sure if it affects the smaller input or not from the top of my head.

You also have a Mic/Line switch which will affect the gain of the input.

Also, within the Menu on the FA you can raise/decrease input volume.

MENU > System > Menu Button 3 (Under the screen - Labelled 'System Effects'

Then scroll to the far left menu and you have the Audio Input Level (This can also be found my going MENU > Effects Edit, and it sits in the bottom left-ish area of the screen).

Via the Effects Edit screen you can also add effects to the Audio Input, such as a compressor/delay/DJ effects etc. by using the 'TFX Loc' control to change to 'Input' and using the TFX Controls on the front panel to adjust (Sound modify, lower matrix).
nathbeadle

Post by nathbeadle »

From what I remember the level knob for input is only for the 1/4" jack and not the mini line-in jack. My guess is the GUITAR/MIC switch is also only for the 1/4" jack as well.
Skijumptoes

Post by Skijumptoes »

Yes, i think you're right nathbeadle, don't think i've used the smaller input yet.

Also- just realised, that you can use the 'Input Level' control on the 'Sound Modify' section of the keyboard (duh!).

It's the 6th Knob, 2nd row selected.
Candy

Post by Candy »

Fa-06 Foto.jpg
Fa-06 Foto.jpg (41.52 KiB) Viewed 1066 times
Scroll the picture down and read the text below the picture (red marker)
Firebass

Post by Firebass »

Thanks everyone! I kinda of thought there was no adjustment for the device input. I'm thinking I might be using too hot of a signal now with my overall mix. For me to jam along with a song on my cell phone I have to turn it up all the way and then I can barely hear it so I adjust the volumes of my instruments down to the device level. My problem is that a I have nearly 100 studio sets with multiple instruments that need to be turned down and mixed. I'm really not a expert at keyboard so I was wondering how do you guys set your output levels. When I play with my band I have the volume on my amp about 1/2 and volume on my keyboard varies from about 1/2 to 3/4. Maybe I need to crank my amp up and send a lighter signal...