Sampler and Sub-Outs

Forum for Roland FA-06/08
RoccoD3516

Sampler and Sub-Outs

Post by RoccoD3516 »

Does anyone know if you can route the FA-06 sampler output to the sub out port and not the main outs? I would like to separate the sampler output from the other sound engine parts. Not in front of my FA at the moment and the block diagram is not clear to me.
Skijumptoes

Re: Sampler and Sub-Outs

Post by Skijumptoes »

Yes, it's simple:-

1. Press Menu Button on your FA
2. Select 'System'
3. Cursor along to 'Sound' Menu (Blue strip at the top of the menu screen).
4. You want the 7th Option - Sample Output Assign.

Remember to use 'System Write' function at the bottom of the screen (Button 6) to save this as default.
Neil ForestTree

Re: Sampler and Sub-Outs - Use with Vocoder

Post by Neil ForestTree »

Out of interest, I've found another good use for this feature. I perform live with the FA-08 and need to use the vocoder in one track (Pink Floyd - Sheep). Anyone that has tried to use a Vocoder live with a mic, will know of the feedback problems you get.

So instead, I have recorded the speech unvocoded to a sample pad. Then I've routed the samples to Sub Out. Then I've plugged a jack lead from the Sub Out to the Line In.

I have the required studio set with a vocoder patch on a range of the keyboard. At the right time in the song I touch the pad and hold chords on the keyboard. Now the recorded speech goes out the sub, back in through the line in, and comes out the main out, modified by the vocoder according to the chords I'm playing. Works perfectly and no mic is needed so no feedback problems.
bennyseven

Re: Sampler and Sub-Outs

Post by bennyseven »

great idea!