FA06 drops in value

Forum for Roland FA-06/08
Myrk-

Re: FA06 drops in value

Post by Myrk- »

To be honest Striple it sounds like you bought completely the wrong gear in the first place! Strange that you jumped straight into the FA as a solution rather than looking at smaller, more modular pieces of gear to accomplish what you are after!? For me buying the FA was an attempt at amalgamating the Korg ES2, a keyboard, and other features into 1 device, but unfortunately it didn't work out so well, bit of a shame but I still enjoy the FA for what it is (it now lives in front of my PC as a fully loaded DAW controller rather than sitting in the live rig).

You bought an ES1... did you consider the ES2? It's only a slight bit more expensive brand new, and does a lot more than the ES1 did. If in doubt just ask the question out there... I'd say VintageSynth forum is better than this one for asking general questions - the peeps there have a very wide breadth of knowledge over all the different brands, including some of the semi-unknowns that you don't see in a lot of music shops. This is how I became aware of the Kurzweil PC3LE7 (may also do what you want) which is replacing my FA-06 when it arrives :D

Price wise, of course it's gunna drop - it's been around for years! It's inevitable. And Roland aren't selling it new from retailers at 800 bucks - that's a second hand price right? You don't see people asking how every car manufacturer on the planet rips every customer off for 30-50% of it's value (the drop that occurs the moment you leave the show room)!? How did they charge more in the first instance? That's basic supply and demand.
Skijumptoes

Post by Skijumptoes »

Striple, glad to see your happy. And i don't think you've ruffled people's feathers, it's just what suits us individually, and i think you make valid points in regard to people having to research extra hard to see exactly what the FA offers, and what it's limitations are.

But, i just can't see a way that Roland could put this information out any more effectively without undermining themselves.
tidalwaveten

Post by tidalwaveten »

Who's offering the best price right now on a new FA-06? All vendors seen to sell it for $1,200. With Musician's Friend having a 15% off coupon. Can I get it new for less from a reliable vendor? Also, I have a Sam Ash and Guitar Center local to me. Forget which had the FA-06, but will they price match whatever lowest price I can find? Or is MF a good place to buy for whatever they promise in terms of stock warranty, etc?
tidalwaveten

Post by tidalwaveten »

Never mind. Found a used one on eBay in excellent condition for $800. Saves me $400 + taxes.
tidalwaveten wrote:Who's offering the best price right now on a new FA-06? All vendors seen to sell it for $1,200. With Musician's Friend having a 15% off coupon. Can I get it new for less from a reliable vendor? Also, I have a Sam Ash and Guitar Center local to me. Forget which had the FA-06, but will they price match whatever lowest price I can find? Or is MF a good place to buy for whatever they promise in terms of stock warranty, etc?