Any interest in 80's sounds?

Forum for Roland FA-06/08
donutninja

Any interest in 80's sounds?

Post by donutninja »

Hello,

I've created about 100 (and counting) very high quality sounds and studio sets for a wide variety of 80's rock and pop songs, along with a few 60's, 70's, etc. I was thinking of offering these for sale, and was just gauging the interest before I create demos, set up a website, etc.

Thanks!
o.durmusoglu

Re: Any interest in 80's sounds?

Post by o.durmusoglu »

donutninja wrote:Hello,

I've created about 100 (and counting) very high quality sounds and studio sets for a wide variety of 80's rock and pop songs, along with a few 60's, 70's, etc. I was thinking of offering these for sale, and was just gauging the interest before I create demos, set up a website, etc.

Thanks!
I am deeply interested and would like to have these sounds.
ozcan.durmusoglu@gmail.com
PeZiK

Post by PeZiK »

I'm also really interested - depends on the price. ;)

P.
Wmacky

Post by Wmacky »

Interested at the right price...
Pierre118

Post by Pierre118 »

You have my interest.......
Jdoo

Post by Jdoo »

Me too.
donutninja

Post by donutninja »

Excellent, thanks guys! I'll update soon with some more info.
scramble

Post by scramble »

I'd probably be interested, depending on how good they are. There is a gap in the market for third-party patches for the FA-06/08 (look at what Dan Stesco is doing for the Korg Krome).

Especially seeing as the LeadSounds/S4K guys don't do anything for the FA.
bennyseven

Post by bennyseven »

Hi guys,
did you see the sticky thread first row, where some user share their sounds?
There is a special 80's file with some good sounds in it (okay, some are contributed by me...).

I think one of the reason that no one from a commercial side is selling sounds for FA is, that there are so many many sounds in it. Speaking about 80's sounds, due to Rolands role in the synth world those days, one can find very similar sounds only by browsing the patches beause they are inherited on the FA.
SN synth engine and some srx are your friends.

Another aspect might be some 'ready to play' studio sets (again, see the sticky thread) with key zones and all controller assignments. The NORD stage user are sharing many setups for nearly all cover songs which are downloadable and ready to play.

In my opinion we had several requests for sound and patches, but I could not see any deep interest of the community (same for FA editors). So, people with skills for that propably will desist from investing time in programming or sharing, if only a few people have interest in buying.
Maybe I am wrong.

happy new year,
bennySeven
scramble

Post by scramble »

It is true that the quality and range of the FA sounds make creating your own custom patches easier than before, but there's still nothing like getting hold of a seriously good programmer's work.

And although I appreciate the efforts and generosity of those who have contributed the user patches mentioned, they're nowhere near the quality of Dan Stesco or LeadSounds/S4K, or the numerous other pros who make a living from programming sounds on a keyboard they know well.

(But whether there is the interest is another matter. As I have said on other threads, Roland have failed to get the FA to generate the buzz that Korg does with lesser synths. This is a killer live machine, but it just hasn't got the publicity. If Roland had any sense they'd slip some bucks to someone on the side to program up a batch of 70's, 80's and 90's cover sounds. It wouldn't cost much, and would generate some word of mouth.)
Skijumptoes

Post by Skijumptoes »

Slightly off topic, but the guy that used to run this site used to sell sound packs and pdf documents helping get the most from each synth - I'm guessing he doesn't do anything anymore? Called Sinevibes.

And scramble, i think you're right in regards to Roland should be supporting this - that had some famous patch programmers in the past of course, i.e. Eric Persing etc. I'd love a load more studio sets, just for jamming with.
donutninja

Post by donutninja »

Working on a video demo now. These studio sets are very complete; i.e. it's not just the signature or opening sounds of the song, it's a playable setup that you can use to play most or all of the keyboard sounds all the way through a particular song. I've used all of these live, so they're battle tested!

Thanks for your patience, I'm pretty swamped with live shows at the moment, but that just means I'm making more sounds that will be included!
Inasense7

Post by Inasense7 »

Did you ever come out with the 80s sound set ? Interested . Thanks
theshine

Post by theshine »

I’d be interested also, but guessing since the post is 18 months old it maybe got abandoned.
Myrk-

Post by Myrk- »

For those looking for more sounds go have a look on axial.roland.com at the FA 06/07/08 and Integra 7 patches - not all the Integra 7 patches work, but most do, and that will give you a tonne of default Roland patches from their 80's keyboard counterparts. I've tested a few against the real thing and they are very close.