Roland FA08 not working on Windows 10

Forum for Roland FA-06/08
kalinvidinski

Roland FA08 not working on Windows 10

Post by kalinvidinski »

Dear all,

I have recently bought a Focusrite Scarlet 2i4 and plugged my Roland into the PC, but it said that it has not been recognized. I then downloaded some drivers form the official website and it was written, that Windows 10 automatically downloads the drivers:
"Your computer automatically downloads the Windows(R) 10 driver from the Internet when a product requiring the driver is connected to the computer."
However, when i donload the drivers there is nothing to install (or at least i don`t see). Only readme files.
Is this normal? I have connected sucessfully prveiously my FA 08 on windows 7, but i cannot at windows 10.
I also checked the option in my FA:
* To use this driver, you must set the SYSTEM - USB Driver of the FA-06 08 to "VENDOR."

I really don`t know what could be the problem.. any advise or solutions?

Thanks in advance!
Myrk-

Re: Roland FA08 not working on Windows 10

Post by Myrk- »

Go to control panel and check to see if you have it installed already. Windows 10 automatically downloads drivers for all hardware from the internet from it's Microsoft database to ensure drivers don't have evil root code/viruses. It's VERY quick at installing drivers - on my PC the window comes up and goes within 10 seconds, with no prompting from me to install, so it could be that it installed without you noticing. In your hardware device manager when it's plugged in do you see a 2nd sound card available (FA-08)?

If not just plug it into your PC via the supplied USB cord (don't use other brand ones, some USB cables won't work right, so try a few out - I know my Kurzweil only connects with USB connectors that have the big round grounding lump on them) and windows will auto install if you are connected to the internet.

Your FA should be plugged into your PC's USB port. It has nothing to do with your Focusrite Scarlet 2i4. In fact unplug that thing when you do your connection to the FA. The FA will become a soundcard in itself - maybe you have a conflict with the Focusrite? Make sure you restart your PC after unplugging the Focusrite, or booting it with it unplugged to ensure no boot up drivers with the hardware are causing the conflict with the FA.

Also make sure you have the USB plugged into the square Computer port on the back of the FA, not the rectangular USB "For Update" port as that's used for updating firmware on the FA.

On that note check that you have the latest firmware installed on the FA.

I'm sure your problem is one of those issues. If not I'm out of ideas.
Skijumptoes

Re: Roland FA08 not working on Windows 10

Post by Skijumptoes »

Also, check device manager (When FA USB is plugged in), if you have unknown devices in there then windows hasn't detected it correctly, remove the unknown device (delete from device manager), unplug the FA USB, and then plug it back in and it hopefully will detect.