Midi Setlist Controller - interested?

Forum for Roland FA-06/08
echappin

Midi Setlist Controller - interested?

Post by echappin »

For a gig with a Roland FA 08 I developed a Midi Setlist Controller. It is a Java application running on my laptop and generic for all synths, but I have configured it to the Roland FA series and it works smooth and effective with it - navigating through studiosets and enabling/disabling parts on the fly, triggered by a pedal.

The MidiSetListController enables quick but sophisticated setlists that send particular midi messages to synthesizers or other midi devices, for live performances or studio usage, with intuitive navigation features and advanced midi or keyboard triggers. A key feature is that the setlist can easily shift between presets, but also modify the preset on the fly, for instance enable or disable layered sounds and apply midi control changes. The setlist can be navigated by multiple midi triggers, for instance by configuring a pedal that sends a particular control change message.

I made the software, documentation and underlying code available here: https://github.com/ejlchappin/MidiSetlistController

I'm looking for people interested and feedback. Is it useful to you? What would be needed to make it useful? Hope to hear from you! Feedback is welcome here, on Github.

Snapshot of the app is here: Image
FreeEagle

Re: Midi Setlist Controller - interested?

Post by FreeEagle »

Hi!

I would like to support your idea. it is amazing!

Best Regards,
FreeEagle