Start/Stop

Forum for Roland FA-06/08
Firebass

Start/Stop

Post by Firebass »

I was looking in manual for a way to start/stop and or control the rhythm section (Drums) with a foot pedal instead of with the buttons on the keyboard. I find it difficult to control drums with my hands full of keys.

I did find I was able to kind-of-do-it by sequencing a drum track to a song and using Start/Stop setting on control pedal 1. But thats a real pain and time consuming. And you can't do fills or endings without staying exactly as you record it.

I notice the buttons use mapping numbers starting with "P001" Are these like CC midi control.. I'm so confused.
Firebass

Re: Start/Stop

Post by Firebass »

So I made some samples of the drum parts and assigned them to keys.
Maybe thats a better way anyway. It nice using keys instead of the sampler pads because they are velocity sensitive. Making the pattern in one bar or phrase makes it fun to have different phrases and intensity as needed.
RHPG

Post by RHPG »

Hi Firebass,

I also am looking for a way to start/stop rhythm patterns using a pedal, I rather not use the pads for this (as I use them turning on/off channels). Can you please explain how you assigned samples to keys? And doesn't the rhythm pattern then stop if you switch patterns/fills while playing (can you switch without interruption)?

Thank you!
BenRoland

Post by BenRoland »

Still no answers to this then? I was hoping to assign a pedal to start/stop a song, and this would be a different for each studio set would have its own song. I managed it at system level but not at studio set level.