Sending msb lsb

Forum for Roland FA-06/08
Keith Bowie

Sending msb lsb

Post by Keith Bowie »

Guys
Looking for some help. I have a Roland RD300NX and a FA06. What I want to do is use the FA as the master keyboard and use the RD as the slave. I want to be able to select a studio set on the FA that will automatically select a tone or studio set on the RD. Can this be done?
How do you send the MSB LSB message ?
Hope someone can help
thanks
Keith
dan88z

Re: Sending msb lsb

Post by dan88z »

You can't do it- I needed the same function for a multi keyboard rig. It only sends LSB 81.
bennyseven

Post by bennyseven »

It is one of the major bugs of the FA.
stevel

Post by stevel »

I suppose in a pinch, you could put the message in the sequencer and press play, and have it change the other keyboard. You could do a Sysex message instead.

You'd have to create those in software probably (unless there's a way you could record them into the sequence from the RD into the FA!) and then store them in the FA - but you know, you could potentially store them as things other than song sequences - it might actually be possible to do them as drum patterns or arp patterns. How you trigger them would be the primary issue. Probably easier just to associate a song with a studio set that has the sysex message at the beginning. Press play and let it run a measure or two. RD should change, FA will be on the right studio set.

Not quite as elegant as actual logic about how things should actually work, but maybe at least a workaround without buying another piece of gear.