Recording audio with keyboard during sequencer is playing

Forum for Roland FA-06/08
Biitzilla

Recording audio with keyboard during sequencer is playing

Post by Biitzilla »

I try to record vocoder sound to my music. I play music on the sequencer same time.

Problem is that the recording source is Audio+Keyboard because vocoder needs keyboard to work. But because all of other midi tracks are played on the same time by sequencer the whole song is recorded. So my sample will my vocoder track and whole music in background so that is not usable.

Is it possible to set that recording does not record another MIDI channels than vocoder channel? Or is there any other work around for this problem?

Thank you for information
stevel

Re: Recording audio with keyboard during sequencer is playin

Post by stevel »

Here's something to try:

Set all of the other tracks to "Sub" output instead of "Main" so they come out of the Sub output jack on the back.

Run that to a speaker, or monitor, or a small mixer or something so you can hear them (on a speaker or through headphones).

Anything set to "Sub" won't come through the Headphones plugged into the FA, but the Vocoder part should still and that's all that should get recorded without the others.

You'll just have to figure out a way to hear both your vocoder part and the other parts together.

Not sure if this will work, but it may be worth a try.